Forum Status

Discussion about anything related to Android or this forum here.
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: Forum Status

Postby tytung » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 am

AWStats statistics for androidforum.tytung.com from June 24 to Oct. 31:

Image
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Advertisement
 

Re: Forum Status

Postby sunitknandi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:26 am

tytung wrote:This forum is setup on DigitalOcean VPS (virtual private server) with a 512MB Memory, 20G SSD Disk, 1TB Transfer, and $5/mo plan.
As you knew, this forum was stable in the past months even if there were 801,251 page views in September.

DigitalOcean will reward $10 to my account credits for every referred customer that totals $10 in billings.
Thus, if your friends need a fast and cheap VPS server, please consider recommending him or she to buy a plan through my referral URL.
You will help me get the reward to pay the monthly cost of the server to run this forum. And your friends won't lose anything.
Thank you.
Image


You too use DigitalOcean? Wow! :O

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk
sunitknandi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:12 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Forum Status

Postby tytung » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:26 am

sunitknandi wrote:
You too use DigitalOcean? Wow! :O

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk


Yes, I purchased a shared web hosting plan to host this forum at first, but it's not stable.
So I moved to DigitalOcean and I'm impressed.
Compared to the basic web hosting plan, DigitalOcean has standalone IP and fast SSD disk which can be used as SWAP.
Besides, DigitalOcean VPS plan is cheap too. :D
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: Forum Status

Postby sunitknandi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:29 am

tytung wrote:
Yes, I purchased a shared web hosting plan to host this forum at first, but it's not stable.
So I moved to DigitalOcean and I'm impressed.
Compared to the basic web hosting plan, DigitalOcean has standalone IP and fast SSD disk which can be used as SWAP.
Besides, DigitalOcean VPS plan is cheap too. :D


Which distro? I use Archlinux. Previously used Debian.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk
sunitknandi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:12 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Forum Status

Postby tytung » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:33 am

sunitknandi wrote:
Which distro? I use Archlinux. Previously used Debian.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

Ubuntu.
Ubuntu is recommended by Google for building Android source code. So I'm also using it on DigitalOcean.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: Forum Status

Postby sunitknandi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:38 am

tytung wrote:Ubuntu.
Ubuntu is recommended by Google for building Android source code. So I'm also using it on DigitalOcean.


All my friends recommend Debian for web hosting. That seems to be most stable. The second is CentOS. Archlinux is never recommended to host anything critical as it is an advanced distro, but still its better than Ubuntu. Ubuntu lately has LOTS, yes LOTS of performance and stability issues.

For Android Dev, yep, Ubuntu is best.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk
sunitknandi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:12 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Forum Status

Postby tytung » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:44 am

sunitknandi wrote:
All my friends recommend Debian for web hosting. That seems to be most stable. The second is CentOS. Archlinux is never recommended to host anything critical as it is an advanced distro, but still its better than Ubuntu. Ubuntu lately has LOTS, yes LOTS of performance and stability issues.

For Android Dev, yep, Ubuntu is best.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

Well, I used Ubuntu just because I'm more familiar with it. ;)
BTW, I used Ubuntu LTS version.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: Forum Status

Postby sunitknandi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:53 am

tytung wrote:Well, I used Ubuntu just because I'm more familiar with it. ;)
BTW, I used Ubuntu LTS version.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.


Well, I am very familiar with Ubuntu too. Story goes back to a few years ago, when Ubuntu was my most preferred OS. One of my friends (his name is Wrix) started a distro with Ubuntu base named SuperX ( http://superxos.com ). Together me, he and several friends worked to make a very beautiful KDE interfaced OS. However, in the last two years, Ubuntu managed to damage one of my partitions, then 12.04 LTS screwed up one of my SD cards in the card reader. Soon enough my friend started getting complaints, that his OS was freezing on netbooks and laptops (even though its very light). We're moving to Debian but the path doesn't seem very easy and if Ubuntu doesn't improve, I don't know what SuperX's future will be.

This was just my experience of seeing packaging standards being degraded at Ubuntu each passing day.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk
sunitknandi
Junior Member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:12 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Forum Status

Postby tytung » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:54 am

sunitknandi wrote:
Well, I am very familiar with Ubuntu too. Story goes back to a few years ago, when Ubuntu was my most preferred OS. One of my friends (his name is Wrix) started a distro with Ubuntu base named SuperX ( http://superxos.com ). Together me, he and several friends worked to make a very beautiful KDE interfaced OS. However, in the last two years, Ubuntu managed to damage one of my partitions, then 12.04 LTS screwed up one of my SD cards in the card reader. Soon enough my friend started getting complaints, that his OS was freezing on netbooks and laptops (even though its very light). We're moving to Debian but the path doesn't seem very easy and if Ubuntu doesn't improve, I don't know what SuperX's future will be.

This was just my experience of seeing packaging standards being degraded at Ubuntu each passing day.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk

Well, I used Ubuntu LTS server version only. I didn't encounter any issues.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: Forum Status

Postby symbuzzer » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:43 am

Congratulations. We are 1000 members now :D
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:05 am
Country: Turkey (tr)
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 168 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron