Page 184 of 212

V4.7 Softkey Mod

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:12 pm
by agbommarito
Here is an update to the softkey mods for V4.7 of Tytung's Jellybean ROM. There are two modifications, landscape softkeys and a soft power button.

The installer ZIP file can be downloaded from this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22856583/NexusHD2-KK_V4.7-SoftkeyMods.zip. The file is flashable from recovery. There are individual options to select the landscape softkey mod and the power button mod in any combination.

I suggest that you first install or update your phone to V4.7 of Tytung's ROM and boot it up before you install these mods. A few minutes after boot-up, go back to recovery and install these mods.

Installing the power button mod replaces the CyanogenMod navigation bar editor search button with a visible power button. After installation, you have to turn on the mod by going to Settings->Buttons->Navigation Bar Buttons and layout. Click the lock icon, then the small plus sign at the left of the navigation bar. Scroll to the power button option and click it. Finally, click the lock icon again.

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:35 pm
by tytung
macs18max wrote:@tytung

I'm trying to play media with marc1706's 3.0.16 kernel with your rom (CM11 v4.7), but niether camcorder nor media playback using hardware decorder works.
So I have ported the following folder and necessary header from ur .32 kernel
driver/media/video/msm
driver/video/msm
driver/gpu/msm
arch/arm/mach-msm/qdsp_1550 (which changes from in respect to smd_edge_open used instead of smd_open)

Still I have no hardware decoded media playback or camorder. I am using your CM11 rom with this kernel.
https://github.com/marc1706/android_kernel_leo_3.0.16

For test I have create a 640x480 video only (no audio stream) and played back with 2.6.35 and 3.0.16 and attached kmsg for both with debugging on. (Sorry i have added additional printk so dont mind those).
I have no clue in what should I be looking for, if you could have a look by comparing both kmsg and see point me in the correct direction, would be great.
EDIT: Note
2.6.35 play media with hardware decorder
3.0.16 doesnt play media with hardware decoder


I don't change any hardware decoder related code in the kernel 2.6.32, so I have no idea what should be added to the kernel 3.0.16.

Re: V4.7 Softkey Mod

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:49 am
by SrkRahil
agbommarito wrote:Here is an update to the softkey mods for V4.7 of Tytung's Jellybean ROM. There are two modifications, landscape softkeys and a soft power button.

The installer ZIP file can be downloaded from this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22856583/NexusHD2-KK_V4.7-SoftkeyMods.zip. The file is flashable from recovery. There are individual options to select the landscape softkey mod and the power button mod in any combination.

I suggest that you first install or update your phone to V4.7 of Tytung's ROM and boot it up before you install these mods. A few minutes after boot-up, go back to recovery and install these mods.

Installing the power button mod replaces the CyanogenMod navigation bar editor search button with a visible power button. After installation, you have to turn on the mod by going to Settings->Buttons->Navigation Bar Buttons and layout. Click the lock icon, then the small plus sign at the left of the navigation bar. Scroll to the power button option and click it. Finally, click the lock icon again.



Thanks a lot for update. Have been waiting ever since release of new version. :) :)

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:10 am
by strakov
Hello Guys,

Thanks tytung for another great job!
But after install v4.7 my phone is laggy... 4.3.0 v3.3 was running perfect. Do you know the reason why? Maybe I have to change something? my conf:
350/5m, Is it okay? I will be grateful for all of your opinions.

Regards.

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:46 am
by crossdeath
hello!

when i want to repartition my HD2, i get this error:

An error has occurred
Read below for more information

Error Description: send partition data failed
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (815)

Error Description:
Info: .\RSPL\RSPL.cpp (558)

how can i repair this?
thanks!

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:12 pm
by gengha
Viber still not working, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing still present! Thanks anyway, a good rom for those who don't use viber.

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:24 pm
by Wizzard
Wassup guys ,

This is a followup on the " blackscreen " issue from google maps mentioned before. For some oddly reason it seems to be affecting even the new update on the Nexus 5.

I have been working on a solution since this problem arise with a little bit of success. The problem we all have is not in the rom but in GoogleMaps java script. So I've made a few changes which now loads the map but still gives me some flickering.

Am posting up the codes I have changed in order to let you at least view something. This may vary from HTC HD2 perhaps so bare with me that its not a fix for all. And also sharing the knowledge with you all..let me know if it works for you.

Greetz
Wizzard



public class MyMapFragment extends SupportMapFragment() {
@Override
public View onCreateView(LayoutInflater inflater, ViewGroup container, Bundle savedInstanceState) {
View view = super.onCreateView(inflater, container, savedInstanceState);
setMapTransparent((ViewGroup) view);
return view;
};

private void setMapTransparent(ViewGroup group) {
int childCount = group.getChildCount();
for (int i = 0; i < childCount; i++) {
View child = group.getChildAt(i);
if (child instanceof ViewGroup) {
setMapTransparent((ViewGroup) child);
} else if (child instanceof SurfaceView) {
child.setBackgroundColor(0x00000000);
}
}
}
// ...
};

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:30 pm
by Wizzard
gengha wrote:Viber still not working, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing still present! Thanks anyway, a good rom for those who don't use viber.



Viber has always been an issue on Android as far as I can recall in all the versions I've used. To work around this i have changed program and now have no issues at all. The fact that Viber runs only smoothly on iPhones is due to the reason that it was firstly made there for. Even the Samsung S4 has problems with it according to a friend of mine.

Another amazing program you should try is DingTone ,light weighted in use for CM11.0 v4.xx

Hope this helps out

:geek: Wizzard

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:35 am
by clarkg
Wizzard wrote:

Viber has always been an issue on Android as far as I can recall in all the versions I've used. To work around this i have changed program and now have no issues at all. The fact that Viber runs only smoothly on iPhones is due to the reason that it was firstly made there for. Even the Samsung S4 has problems with it according to a friend of mine.

Another amazing program you should try is DingTone ,light weighted in use for CM11.0 v4.xx

Hope this helps out

:geek: Wizzard


I'm not sure that's entirely true. Viber always worked fine on my HTC One X, and it's still fine on my One M8 now. I have some Samsung owner friends with S3s, S4s, and S5s and none of them have mentioned issues with Viber.

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:33 am
by gengha
Is there considerably better performance of HTC HD2 running on sd card class 10, rather than on class 4? I'm currently using the class 4 sd card, but I'm thinking of buying a class 10 one.