Page 4 of 59

Re: AW: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:41 am
by Elveneleven
Nabil2000 wrote:Thanks very much for your effort and your creation,
If i want keep both versions v2.6 & v3.0 on NativeSD so please tell me How can i do this? by changing the Rom name and path or what ?? and how i can change it. :idea:

Look in the q&a thread. There's a patch file.

Sent with Tapatalk 4

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:53 am
by moldowan
tytung, is there any chance to bring the minimum install size of 245MB futher down?

I got a faulty block almost in the "middle" of my NAND memory and it doesn't get marked as bad somehow. So my only chance to get NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.6 working was to "confine" the block in the userdata partition where it doesn't bother me (DataOnExt) by clever resizing and rearranging the other partitions.
Unfortunately, this left me with a 245MB system partition. So even with CM10.1 V2.6 I had to untick Google Now. When increasing the partition size by just 1 MB I will have a bootloop.

CM10.2 V3.0 needs at least 245MB so it might work, but some "breathing room" would be good!
Thanks!

Re: AW: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:25 am
by elibl
tytung wrote:Well, I think it's hard to fix camera and focal to be compatible with our legacy GPU.
The easier solution is to include CM10.0's LegacyCamera which I created and included in CM10.0 (my v1.5 ROM) and CM10.1.2 (my v2.6 ROM).


Hi, first thanks a lot for this awesome rom! Your great!

Regarding camera/focal the old 10.0 camera will be the fastest and easiest solution for sure. But i think a lot of people here would appreciate if you try and put some effort in focal. A new camera would be awesome and in focal there changed some things ;-) i hope you give it a try.

All the best

Gesendet von meinem NexusHD2 mit Tapatalk 4

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:15 pm
by tytung
moldowan wrote:tytung, is there any chance to bring the minimum install size of 245MB futher down?

I got a faulty block almost in the "middle" of my NAND memory and it doesn't get marked as bad somehow. So my only chance to get NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.6 working was to "confine" the block in the userdata partition where it doesn't bother me (DataOnExt) by clever resizing and rearranging the other partitions.
Unfortunately, this left me with a 245MB system partition. So even with CM10.1 V2.6 I had to untick Google Now. When increasing the partition size by just 1 MB I will have a bootloop.

CM10.2 V3.0 needs at least 245MB so it might work, but some "breathing room" would be good!
Thanks!


The exact system size of the minimum install is 239.3M.
The detailed space requirements are as follows when using NativeSD method.

# busybox du -hd1 /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean (Full install)
# fresh install
34.7M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/data
263.5M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/system
298.2M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean
# after first boot
172.6M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/data
263.5M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/system
436.1M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean

# busybox du -hd1 /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean (Minimum Install)
# fresh install
34.7M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/data
239.3M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/system
274.0M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean
# after first boot
169.6M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/data
239.3M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean/system
408.8M /NativeSD/NexusHD2-JellyBean

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:17 pm
by bbbb
Hello tytung. Is possible to make a kernel for jb 4.3 that is usb host enabled by this patch http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1459999 ?
so when we want to use a external device,flash this kernel and then the normal one again?
Thank you very much for your extremelly great work
Also new youtube app work ok with your cm9 rom.

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:18 pm
by twoxx
tytung wrote:Did you do any speed test or benchmark? Or just your feeling?
No offense. Just want to make things clear.


I recognized the low speed when i downloaded an app from playstore. 1,5 MB within 9 Minutes. With NexusHD2 V2.6 downloading that file-size needed only seconds.
Downloading emails is very slow too. Some apps that need internet-connection are saying that there is no connection an get closed, even if mobile data is on.

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:19 pm
by soren
bbbb wrote:Hello tytung. Is possible to make a kernel for jb 4.3 that is usb host enabled by this patch http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1459999 ?
so when we want to use a external device,flash this kernel and then the normal one again?
Thank you very much for your extremelly great work
Also new youtube app work ok with your cm9 rom.

You can flash it yourself. But usb mass storage, usb charging, usb tether and usb adb will NOT work.

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:31 pm
by bbbb
Of course they will not work.Because this is not the point of this kernel.The point is that you can connect devices like usb flash stick,mouse,keyboard using external power and when you do your job,you can re-flash the normal kernel.And this kernel in xda thread is only for ics roms.It doesnt work in jb roms correctly.That`s why i am asking from Tytung if he has the goodness to make a kernel like this for cm10.2

Softkey Mod for V3.0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:29 am
by agbommarito
Here is an update to the softkey mods for 3.0 of Tytung's Jellybean ROM. There are two modifications, landscape softkeys and a soft power button.

The installer ZIP file can be downloaded from this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22856583/NexusHD2-JB_V3.0-SoftkeyMods.zip. The file is flashable from recovery. There are individual options to select the landscape softkey mod and the power button mod in any combination.

I suggest that you first install or update your phone to V3.0 of Tytung's ROM and boot it up before you install these mods. A few minutes after boot-up, go back to recovery and install these mods.

Installing the power button mod adds two options to the CyanogenMod navigation bar editor, an invisible power button and a visible power button. After installation, you have to turn on the mod by going to Settings->System->Navigation Bar Buttons and layouts. Click the lock icon, then the small plus sign at the left of the navigation bar. Scroll to the power button option you want (either invisible or visible) and click it. Finally, click the lock icon again.

If you previously had the power button mod installed and you do an update, you don't have to turn-on the power button mod per the previous paragraph. The settings will be preserved through the update.

Known Bugs - On my device, with the slider screen lock, the lock circle and the lockscreen widgets are offset to the left for some inexplicable reason. Any other type of screen lock seems to work OK.

Re: AW: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:26 am
by Elveneleven
agbommarito wrote:Here is an update to the softkey mods for 3.0 of Tytung's Jellybean ROM. There are two modifications, landscape softkeys and a soft power button.

The installer ZIP file can be downloaded from this link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22856583/NexusHD2-JB_V3.0-SoftkeyMods.zip. The file is flashable from recovery.


Hi agbommarito,

Will the softkey mods install correctly on NativeSD if i patched the rom name with tytungs patch or do we need a special version for this?
Thanks.

sent with Tapatalk 4