Page 28 of 29

Re: [Oct. 20, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:54 am
by alfling
NYLimited wrote:
The more current the ROM you install the more likely you will find some issues (though they my be minor). The KitKat version being the newest will give you the most problems. Older ones, like ICS and JB versions, are quite stable.



You will have to do a lot of fine tuning to get rid of most of the lag with a Class 4 card. A better choice would be a Class 6 (or perhaps Class 10, but not UHS) and selecting DataOnEXT installation.

Thank you for the reply. Can you recommend one? I googled for a while, I keep finding tons of class10 UHS but no "simple" class10 cards

Re: [Oct. 20, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:32 am
by Radeon
NYLimited wrote:You will have to do a lot of fine tuning to get rid of most of the lag with a Class 4 card. A better choice would be a Class 6 (or perhaps Class 10, but not UHS) and selecting DataOnEXT installation.

Can you help me? What is faster? NativeSD or DataOnEXT on class 10?

Re: Q&A and Troubleshooting for "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:55 pm
by soren
You should try them yourself. With DataOnEXT, you have two storage devices: fast one (SD card class 10) and slow one. With NativeSD, you have only one storage device (fast one if you use an SD card class 10). Nobody can know for sure that which method is faster.

Re: Q&A and Troubleshooting for "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:32 pm
by NYLimited
alfling wrote:Thank you for the reply. Can you recommend one? I googled for a while, I keep finding tons of class10 UHS but no "simple" class10 cards


I was using a Samsung 32 GB Class 6 when I had my HD2..



---
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.

Re: Q&A and Troubleshooting for "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:34 pm
by NYLimited
Radeon wrote:Can you help me? What is faster? NativeSD or DataOnEXT on class 10?


My personal preference was always DataOnExt which uses two different devices at the same time.

They both have advantages and disadvantages - your preference may turn out to be different.


---
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.

Re: Q&A and Troubleshooting for "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:49 pm
by hoost_pt
Hi
What's the best Governor and I/O scheduler to set in this Rom?

TIA and Merry Christmas to all.

Enviado do meu NexusHD2 através de Tapatalk

Re: [Nov. 10, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3.0][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:06 pm
by rubsi
Hi! Thank you tytung for your awesome work!

I had an old 4.0.4 rom in dualboot with wp7.8 first and then saw that android is way better for me.

Now I use this rom(v3.3) everyday with cLK bootloader (v1.5.0rc1) because i want to be able to charge with my phone off.

However, to boot i have to press power, back (fastboot), then volume down then phone.
Is there a way to automatically boot onto my nativeSD android? (I have CWM aswell)


I'm so happy that tytung's android 4.4 is nearly free of bugs :D

Re: Q&A and Troubleshooting for "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:44 pm
by Odysseus
hoost_pt wrote:Hi
What's the best Governor and I/O scheduler to set in this Rom?

TIA and Merry Christmas to all.

Enviado do meu NexusHD2 através de Tapatalk

Leave it at the defaults. Tytung has it setup with the Smartassv2 governor, which gives a great balance between performance and battery life, and the CFQ scheduler which is an all around good performer. If you want performance then choose the Ondemand gov, but it will drain your battery faster. I tried using noop for it's alleged increased battery life, but it felt laggy with only minimal battery life increase. The best i/o scheduler I've used as far as overall performance vs battery is SIO, but Tytung hasn't included it in his kernels.

I hope this helps.

Re: [Oct. 20, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:47 am
by kevblack
NYLimited wrote:
You will have to do a lot of fine tuning to get rid of most of the lag with a Class 4 card. A better choice would be a Class 6 (or perhaps Class 10, but not UHS) and selecting DataOnEXT installation.


I've just upgraded from Tytung Gingerbread, and have significant lags....application launch and button responses are very noticeably slow in comparison to Gingerbread....I've used SD speed increase and set that to 4096, but no real impact. I've seen stuff on Min Free but seems rather old and don't know if it is still relevant to 4.3/10.2

Can you help point me at how to tune to get rid of or reduce the lag....I don't understand why my HD2 performance would be poor when others are OK...

Current information:
EU HD2
Magldr 1.13
CWM 4.0.0.0
NAND was partitioned with a 200m system partition, but can't see how that matters given I am Native SD
Tytung JB v3.3 installed as Native SD, with "wipe"
class 6 32Gb SD card, brand new, partitioned with 5gb ext4 rest as FAT32

(I did think about trying dataonext but last time I repartitioned I got the "fatal hit 1" problem in MAGLDR which I managed to resolve with the "go back to WM and hit reset button method, but I am rather paranoid that repartitioning may not be safe anymore and I don't want to end up with another Fatal hit 1 which I might not get resolved this time - it seems a bit random from my reading!)

any hints or links appreciated.

Thanks

K

Re: [Oct. 20, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:41 am
by NYLimited
kevblack wrote:
I've just upgraded from Tytung Gingerbread, and have significant lags....application launch and button responses are very noticeably slow in comparison to Gingerbread....I've used SD speed increase and set that to 4096, but no real impact. I've seen stuff on Min Free but seems rather old and don't know if it is still relevant to 4.3/10.2

Can you help point me at how to tune to get rid of or reduce the lag....I don't understand why my HD2 performance would be poor when others are OK...

Current information:
EU HD2
Magldr 1.13
CWM 4.0.0.0
NAND was partitioned with a 200m system partition, but can't see how that matters given I am Native SD
Tytung JB v3.3 installed as Native SD, with "wipe"
class 6 32Gb SD card, brand new, partitioned with 5gb ext4 rest as FAT32

(I did think about trying dataonext but last time I repartitioned I got the "fatal hit 1" problem in MAGLDR which I managed to resolve with the "go back to WM and hit reset button method, but I am rather paranoid that repartitioning may not be safe anymore and I don't want to end up with another Fatal hit 1 which I might not get resolved this time - it seems a bit random from my reading!)


I have not personally seen the fatal hit error and any possible fix or resolution for it is uncertain so I too would be careful. The best results I have seen people talk about (in order fix it) claimed in this thread but be careful, nonetheless.

As for the lag - kep in mind that software (apps) is getting bigger and more demanding of hardware and memory while the HD2 is somewhat dated and limited with the 400 or so MB of RAM. Splitting the load by using DataOnEXT can help. More aggressive min free settings, changes to your card's FAT32 sector size and read buffer can also make a difference.

If you cannot try DataOnEXT I would certainly consider a Class 10 card with an EXT4 partition and aggressive min free settings. Also, make sure you have as few apps loading / starting up as you must have since they all take memory from other things.