Page 1 of 2

SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:42 am
by shobhit92bhar
I have been using Class 4 SD card for my HD2 EU but was haiving many issues with DataOnExt and NativeSD Versions.
I want to purchase a new 16GB SD Card for my phone but confused with a normal Class 10 card and UHS-1 Card.

I have researched a lot and many people say that UHS-1 cards dont work properly with HD2.
I looked for two UHS-1 cards.

1. http://www.flipkart.com/strontium-uhs-4 ... 7981082bf7

2. http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-sdsdqua ... 02ad7fa84b

Please share your experiences and help me to buy a perfect card for my phone.

Thanks in advance.

shobhit92bhar

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:04 am
by NVXkS0bVrkGl6
Try to take a look on it:
EXCERIA™ Type HD http://www.toshiba-memory.com/cms/en/pr ... pe-hd.html

Image

Image

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:11 am
by NYLimited
shobhit92bhar wrote:I have been using Class 4 SD card for my HD2 EU but was haiving many issues with DataOnExt and NativeSD Versions.
I want to purchase a new 16GB SD Card for my phone but confused with a normal Class 10 card and UHS-1 Card.

I have researched a lot and many people say that UHS-1 cards dont work properly with HD2.
I looked for two UHS-1 cards.

1. http://www.flipkart.com/strontium-uhs-4 ... 7981082bf7

2. http://www.flipkart.com/sandisk-sdsdqua ... 02ad7fa84b

Please share your experiences and help me to buy a perfect card for my phone.

Thanks in advance.

shobhit92bhar


For about $20 you can get a 32 GB Samsung Class 6 or another brand Class 10. If not certain about UHS cards stay with pain Class 6 or 10.


---
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:17 am
by shobhit92bhar
NYLimited wrote:
For about $20 you can get a 32 GB Samsung Class 6 or another brand Class 10. If not certain about UHS cards stay with pain Class 6 or 10.


---
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.



Thanks for your reply.

I dont have any issue in buying normal class 10 card. Was just exploring.

Can you please suggest me one class 10 card. And is it true that UHS-1 cards dont perform properly with HD2?

Thanks in advance.

shobhit92bhar

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 am
by shobhit92bhar
NVXkS0bVrkGl6 wrote:Try to take a look on it:
EXCERIA™ Type HD http://www.toshiba-memory.com/cms/en/pr ... pe-hd.html


Thanks for your suggestion buddy.

shobhit92bhar

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:25 pm
by NYLimited
shobhit92bhar wrote:Thanks for your reply.

I dont have any issue in buying normal class 10 card. Was just exploring.

Can you please suggest me one class 10 card. And is it true that UHS-1 cards dont perform properly with HD2?

Thanks in advance.

shobhit92bhar


I tend to stay with Samsung or Sandisk cards personally.
That is not to say that other brands will not perform as well but my personal experience has been good with these brands.

If you want to try a UHS card find the Sandisk card with part number SDSDQY-032G-A11A which has been shown to be somewhat more reliable with the HD2.

Before my HD2 was retired I was using a Samsung Class 6 card with the DataOnEXT installation option.

There is a lot more info about SD cards in my signature if interested...

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:02 pm
by F.E.K.
shobhit92bhar wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I dont have any issue in buying normal class 10 card. Was just exploring.

Can you please suggest me one class 10 card. And is it true that UHS-1 cards dont perform properly with HD2?

Thanks in advance.

shobhit92bhar


My personal experience: the UHS card cause instability. I use two uhs card (nativeSD method), and the system reboot 3-4 times per day.

(Now I tested UHS card and nand+data on ext setup, has not been a problem (so far ;)). I think the NativeSD method more UHS sensitive)

TapaTalk4: NexusHD2

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm
by kobe
My old class 4 sd card worked fine with tytung's ICS rom but with Kitkat not. So I decided to buy some card for testing. I was thinking about class 10 and UHS-I and finally I bought UHS-I. Works quite fast - see attachement. I'm really curious how fast the hd2 with class 10 is?

_________________________________________________________________________
Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
MicroSD: SanDisk Ultra 16GB UHS-I
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
ROM: NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 v4.3

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:54 pm
by shobhit92bhar
Thanks for your reply.

I am still using my class 4 SD Card with NexusHD2 Kitkat V4.3 with Data-On-Ext. And I must say that it is very smooth. Does not crashes, no reboots, no lags, etc.

Re: SD Card for HTC HD2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:48 pm
by Odysseus
kobe wrote:My old class 4 sd card worked fine with tytung's ICS rom but with Kitkat not. So I decided to buy some card for testing. I was thinking about class 10 and UHS-I and finally I bought UHS-I. Works quite fast - see attachement. I'm really curious how fast the hd2 with class 10 is?

_________________________________________________________________________
Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
MicroSD: SanDisk Ultra 16GB UHS-I
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
ROM: NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 v4.3


I'm glad to hear that you're currently experiencing success with your UHS-1 SD-card, however, I recommend you back up everything and keep them current, because cards of this speed are known to be problematic with the HD2. If you begin experiencing random reboots or crashes in apps that were stable before you'll know that this card is the reason. I speak from personal experience. The issue is caused due to timing incompatibilities with the controller chip on the HD2, which came out several years before the UHS-1 standard was created. Class-10 cards generally seem to work without issues, however, UHS-1 cards tend to be unstable.

I wish you much luck and success with this combination, but as mentioned, if you begin having mysterious stability issues please don't blame them on Tytung or his ROMs and post requesting support, because the cause has already been pointed out to you.