nexushd2-gingerbread-v3-3a-android-2-3-7-t3 and WiFi

For general discussion and questions specific to Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

nexushd2-gingerbread-v3-3a-android-2-3-7-t3 and WiFi

Postby janvr » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi All,

After installing the NexusHD2-Gingerbread V3.3a ROM on my EU version HD2, I ran into a few small problems. Everything seems to work as advertised, however, as a frequent WiFi user in our overcrowded WiFi environment I noticed that in the 'advanced' WiFi settings, under the 'Regulatory Domain' settings, the Leo seems to default to the '13 channels' setting, but only seems to use 11 channels. Setting to 14 channels (and saving) seems to go back to 13 channels after reboot, and still use 11 channels instead of 13.

The previous ROM I used (NexusHD2-Gingerbread_V3.2a_NAND_(Android-2.3.7)) did not seem to have this issue and did work on channel 13.

Then, after switching off WiFi, the icon disappears, obviously, but then instead of the 3G of H icon to appear, the WiFi icon returns, without WiFi switched on and no 3G data connection, I might add. Only a reboot solves this problem of restoring the 3G connection.

I really want to switch to the 3.3a version since on this one the App2SD+ app works like a charm and offers me a whole lot of memory, as opposed to the 3,2 version where it doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Kind regards.
janvr
Newly Registered Member

Advertisement

Return to HD2 Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting and General