[Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Jan. 21, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.2][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby soren » Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:14 pm

Lincoln357 wrote:When using HD2 Toolkit, anything above 400 Mb comes back with a message it cannot be created, not enough space.
And I don't remember asking you to set me straight. On my every post comes your reply with different "facts". You should really find something useful to do.

HD2 NAND Toolkit isn't the only way to resize the system partition. The reason why I replied you is because you stated false information. But I won't reply you anymore, because it seems that you won't listen.
soren

Advertisement

Re: [Jan. 21, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.2][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Lincoln357 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:21 pm

soren wrote:HD2 NAND Toolkit isn't the only way to resize the system partition. The reason why I replied you is because you stated false information. But I won't reply you anymore, because it seems that you won't listen.

That is the only way I did it, and it was impossible to make it bigger that 400Mb on EU model. When I stated it, I meant this method with HD2 Toolkit works that way.
And thanks for not replying anymore.

sent from my HD2 using fingers
Lincoln357

Postby MarkAtHome » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:34 pm

soren wrote:You said that the system doesn't allow to create the system partition bigger than 400 MB. I'm not sure what you mean by that, but it's not true. You also said that even if HD2 has 1 TB ROM, you can only use 410 MB which is not true either. In that case, you can use about 1 TB minus 92 MB. Just want to set you straight. :)
Lincoln357 wrote:When using HD2 Toolkit, anything above 400 Mb comes back with a message it cannot be created, not enough space.

[Flame OFF, Constructive Criticism ON]

If nothing else, that is certainly a valid reason to use something other than HD2 Toolkit, which was created to make it easier for newbies to work with their devices. As such, the toolkit affords the basics and nothing more.

For example, when I last made use of CWR's cfg file (intended to be used with MAGLDR, and can be used with TWRP as well), it looked something like this:

misc ya 15M
    recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 20M HD2_TWRP_2.5.0.0.img
    boot yboot|ro 15M
    system ya 447M
    cache ya 50M
    userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Thereby giving me a 447M NAND/System partition, the limit afforded me by the CWR/MAGDLR combination. Other methods provide even larger partitions if the need exists.

Lincoln357 wrote:And I don't remember asking you to set me straight. On my every post comes your reply with different "facts". You should really find something useful to do.

With all due respect, please consider that your knowledgebase is limited, and further reading and experience might prove beneficial. ;)
MarkAtHome
Forum Moderator

Postby tudau » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:42 pm

nicedude_abad wrote:I have tried this update (twice now) and followed the instructions to the t. However, whenever I press browser or google search, a message pops up "unfortunately, google search has stopped". Any solutions?
tool kit task 29 wipe 2or 3 times, clean your SD card using Panasonic SD formater.until now mine is no problem.system partition 283mb-5mbcache.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
tudau

Postby Lincoln357 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:46 pm

MarkAtHome wrote:
[Flame OFF, Constructive Criticism ON]

If nothing else, that is certainly a valid reason to use something other than HD2 Toolkit, which was created to make it easier for newbies to work with their devices. As such, the toolkit affords the basics and nothing more.

For example, when I last made use of CWR's cfg file (intended to be used with MAGLDR, and can be used with TWRP as well), it looked something like this:

misc ya 15M
    recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 20M HD2_TWRP_2.5.0.0.img
    boot yboot|ro 15M
    system ya 447M
    cache ya 50M
    userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Thereby giving me a 447M NAND/System partition, the limit afforded me by the CWR/MAGDLR combination. Other methods provide even larger partitions if the need exists.

With all due respect, please consider that your knowledgebase is limited, and further reading and experience might prove beneficial. ;)

I'm fully aware of that, and I never said otherwise, I was just sharing MY experience with HD2 Toolkit. And you must admit that is a bit annoying when someone is correcting your every post although you never said that that is the only way to do it.

Lincoln357

Postby tudau » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Even tytung the greatest dev recommend to use hhd2 toolkit.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
tudau

Postby soren » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:17 pm

nicedude_abad wrote:I have tried this update (twice now) and followed the instructions to the t. However, whenever I press browser or google search, a message pops up "unfortunately, google search has stopped". Any solutions?

Did you do a clean installation? What is your installation method? What is the size of your system partition? If you use DataOnEXT, you can resize your system partition to 400 MB.
soren

Postby MarkAtHome » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:34 pm

Lincoln357 wrote:I'm fully aware of that, and I never said otherwise, I was just sharing MY experience with HD2 Toolkit. And you must admit that is a bit annoying when someone is correcting your every post although you never said that that is the only way to do it.

While you might have been aware of other partition methods, your responses (here and elsewhere) have been stated in the guise of fact, not stated as if they were in your opinion and or experience, which has become very annoying to those reading your posts, and misleading others even less knowledgeable than you. Consider including a simple "IMO" in your posts.
MarkAtHome
Forum Moderator

Postby Lincoln357 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:18 pm

MarkAtHome wrote:While you might have been aware of other partition methods, your responses (here and elsewhere) have been stated in the guise of fact, not stated as if they were in your opinion and or experience, which has become very annoying to those reading your posts, and misleading others even less knowledgeable than you. Consider including a simple "IMO" in your posts.

You misunderstood me. When I said I was aware, I meant considering my limited knowledge, not other partitioning methods.
There's no need for these "lessons", cause I think I'm really trying to be helpful whenever I can. Not giving any misleading info and posting only things I tried myself. Here (on XDA too, you can check) I'm just a member who wants to help others and ask for help when needed...So, no hard feelings, if I offended anybody, I'm sorry, didn't meant to.

Lincoln357

Postby MarkAtHome » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:27 am

Lincoln357 wrote:You misunderstood me. When I said I was aware, I meant considering my limited knowledge, not other partitioning methods.
There's no need for these "lessons", cause I think I'm really trying to be helpful whenever I can. Not giving any misleading info and posting only things I tried myself. Here (on XDA too, you can check) I'm just a member who wants to help others and ask for help when needed...So, no hard feelings, if I offended anybody, I'm sorry, didn't meant to.

FWIW, I actually looked at your posts at XDA prior to getting involved. You do have good intentions. Unfortunately, words are very limiting, no matter how exacting you try to be... maybe we should try communicating in thought-shapes instead (ref: Re-Birth aka The Chrysalids, a scifi novel by John Wyndham, 1955).
MarkAtHome
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development