Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby Demonaz666983 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi! Can you guys tell me why is it that I do the 170 MB NAND partition, install a ROM, and does not start? He writes this: "NAND kernel open failed." Can somebody help me?
Demonaz666983
Junior Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm
Country: Hungary (hu)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Advertisement
 

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby NYLimited » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Demonaz666983 wrote:Hi! Can you guys tell me why is it that I do the 170 MB NAND partition, install a ROM, and does not start? He writes this: "NAND kernel open failed." Can somebody help me?


Not without more information...

One reason could be bad blocks in NAND which would require a larger system partition...

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby Demonaz666983 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:03 pm

NYLimited wrote:
Not without more information...

One reason could be bad blocks in NAND which would require a larger system partition...



Thank for you. I'll try to see if so it will work now!

I just do not understand that if you are giving it 170 mb, then why should more to work?
Demonaz666983
Junior Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm
Country: Hungary (hu)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby NYLimited » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Demonaz666983 wrote:

Thank for you. I'll try to see if so it will work now!

I just do not understand that if you are giving it 170 mb, then why should more to work?


It may not work because the bad blocks take away space since those spots are not usable. Even worse, if the installation process writes some system component to a bad block that component is no longer usable.


---
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby Demonaz666983 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:56 pm

NYLimited wrote:
It may not work because the bad blocks take away space since those spots are not usable. Even worse, if the installation process writes some system component to a bad block that component is no longer usable.


---
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.






Unfortunately does not work! But the odd thing is that it works in any other ROM, MAGLDR up, even CLK installation is loaded. This ROM works SD or only NAND?
Demonaz666983
Junior Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm
Country: Hungary (hu)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby NYLimited » Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:39 pm

NYLimited wrote:It may not work because the bad blocks take away space since those spots are not usable. Even worse, if the installation process writes some system component to a bad block that component is no longer usable.

Demonaz666983 wrote:Unfortunately does not work! But the odd thing is that it works in any other ROM, MAGLDR up, even CLK installation is loaded. This ROM works SD or only NAND?


You still have not given any information - only very broad questions which cannot be answered easily. When you say "this ROM" you are referring to which ROM? What have you installed into what equipment with what bootloader, what kind of installation (NAND/DataOnEXT, NativeSD)?

I have not used either of these packs personally but as best as I can tell they require a ROM to be installed first. So, are you saying the mystery ROM you installed does not boot? Or does the ROM boot until you install one of the packs (whichone)?

Generically, that message is caused by having no ROM on the device. It is usually seen when trying to boot a device via Magldr. Installing a cLK ROM with Magldr, for example, will not likely work.

Anyway, perhaps someone who can read minds can tell you more. I cannot.. :)

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby Demonaz666983 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 pm

NYLimited wrote:

You still have not given any information - only very broad questions which cannot be answered easily. When you say "this ROM" you are referring to which ROM? What have you installed into what equipment with what bootloader, what kind of installation (NAND/DataOnEXT, NativeSD)?

I have not used either of these packs personally but as best as I can tell they require a ROM to be installed first. So, are you saying the mystery ROM you installed does not boot? Or does the ROM boot until you install one of the packs (whichone)?

Generically, that message is caused by having no ROM on the device. It is usually seen when trying to boot a device via Magldr. Installing a cLK ROM with Magldr, for example, will not likely work.

Anyway, perhaps someone who can read minds can tell you more. I cannot.. :)


I thought this HD2 ROM ONLY .... I did it wrong? : D Or do you mean that Tmous or EU version?
My stuffs: HTC HD2 (Leo) EU 512, MAGLDR Bootloader, DataOnExt installation, 300 MB NAND partition, 8 GB Class4 SDHC whith 1024 Mb ext4 partition.
That enough information or more?
Demonaz666983
Junior Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm
Country: Hungary (hu)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby soren » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:37 pm

What is the ROM you are using?
soren
Senior Member
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby Demonaz666983 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 pm

soren wrote:What is the ROM you are using?


PixelDroid Last Edition 2.3.5, 3.5 Sense.
Demonaz666983
Junior Member
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:07 pm
Country: Hungary (hu)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Touchwiz & Xperia Pack V1.0

Postby NYLimited » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

soren wrote:What is the ROM you are using?

Demonaz666983 wrote:PixelDroid Last Edition 2.3.5, 3.5 Sense.


Okay, does the Pixeldorid ROM boot before you try to install one of these packs?
If yes, you need help from someone with hands-on experience with these packs.

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests