[Q] Is there any way to switch from rmnet to ppp without reflashing rom again?

For general discussion and questions specific to Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

[Q] Is there any way to switch from rmnet to ppp without reflashing rom again?

Postby symbuzzer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 am

Hi. Is there any way to switch from rmnet to ppp without reflashing rom again? Thanks.
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator

Advertisement

Re: [Q] Is there any way to switch from rmnet to ppp without reflashing rom again?

Postby Robbie P » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:14 am

If on NAND, try flashing https://code.google.com/p/nexus-hd2/dow ... p&can=1&q=

If on NativeSD you need to put the files manually into /system using a root enabled file explorer.
HTC HD2 (EU)
SPL 2.08. HSPL3;
Magldr 1.13 thanks bepe & Cotulla
On NAND - WP7.8 pdaimatejam v8.8 thanks to pdaimatejam, DFT, YukiXDA, xboxmod etc
On SDcards - Numerous Android SD builds & NativeSD ROMs (Thanks boonbing, Xylograph, securecrt & Almighty tytung!)
Radio 2.15.50.14
Robbie P
Recognized Contributor

Re: [Q] Is there any way to switch from rmnet to ppp without reflashing rom again?

Postby symbuzzer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:09 pm

Robbie P wrote:If on NAND, try flashing https://code.google.com/p/nexus-hd2/dow ... p&can=1&q=

If on NativeSD you need to put the files manually into /system using a root enabled file explorer.

it is on nand, thanks a lot :)
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator

Postby symbuzzer » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:11 pm

Robbie P wrote:If on NAND, try flashing https://code.google.com/p/nexus-hd2/dow ... p&can=1&q=

I tried this patcher but connection interface was still rmnet0 in *#*#4636#*#* menu. I am not sure, I switched it succesfully.
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator

Postby Robbie P » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:47 am

symbuzzer wrote:
I tried this patcher but connection interface was still rmnet0 in *#*#4636#*#* menu. I am not sure, I switched it succesfully.

Did you reboot? ;)
Oddly, on tytung's CM10.2, I can't find where it says connection interface in that menu. I am using magldr and rmnet. I do see mentions of ppp but I think they refer to packages.
Did you flash the zip to your GB nand rom? are the files in place?
Edit; I just tried barebone cm7 and converted it to ppp using the above patch files and I am now getting ppp0 interface instead of rmnet0 in the data box. So it seems you may have had a bad flash.
Good find though, a nice way to know if ppp or rmnet is used.
HTC HD2 (EU)
SPL 2.08. HSPL3;
Magldr 1.13 thanks bepe & Cotulla
On NAND - WP7.8 pdaimatejam v8.8 thanks to pdaimatejam, DFT, YukiXDA, xboxmod etc
On SDcards - Numerous Android SD builds & NativeSD ROMs (Thanks boonbing, Xylograph, securecrt & Almighty tytung!)
Radio 2.15.50.14
Robbie P
Recognized Contributor

Postby symbuzzer » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:50 pm

Robbie P wrote:Did you reboot? ;)
Oddly, on tytung's CM10.2, I can't find where it says connection interface in that menu. I am using magldr and rmnet. I do see mentions of ppp but I think they refer to packages.
Did you flash the zip to your GB nand rom? are the files in place?
Edit; I just tried barebone cm7 and converted it to ppp using the above patch files and I am now getting ppp0 interface instead of rmnet0 in the data box. So it seems you may have had a bad flash.
Good find though, a nice way to know if ppp or rmnet is used.

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I rebooted already. I didn't check files, but installation was ok. I flashed it via exTWRP 2.6.0.0, I will try with 4ext recovery soon. Thanks;)
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator

Return to HD2 Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting and General