[Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Jan. 1, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.2][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.2 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Odysseus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:58 am

PwnedHD2 wrote:Update on ART.... After clean install I was able to use ART which I could not after upgrade with my apps from 4.1 room. However I find that there was too much lag with Art enabled. I reverted back to Dalvik and the rom is as quick as expected. My short stint of testing Art however showed that battery life is improved with Art. So my view is that Art is not quite ready for showtime with the current rom......

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk

Tytung's ROM are not optimized for ART (most after-market ROMs aren't either). From what I've read on xda, ART works best with odexed applications. Most ROM developers deodex their ROMs because it makes them easier to theme and manipulate the contents. Also, if Tytung were to odex his ROMs they would require a great deal more space for "/system" than what is possible for the Leo with its very limited NAND size.
Current device: HTC Amaze 4G
Bootloader: HTC - Dev unlocked, S-on
Recovery: 4ext - smart flash enabled
ROM: CM-10 - Compiled and customized by me - thanks spostsstar89 - CM - Team Nightmare
Xposed framework - rovo89
GravityBox - C3C076

Previous device: HTC HD2 (TMOUS - LEO1024)
Final ROM: NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 v2.7 - Tytung
Had more lives than a cat, best handset I ever owned
Lesson: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RIP
Odysseus
Recognized Contributor

Advertisement

Re: [Jan. 1, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.2][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.2 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby PoJD001 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:14 am

OK, while reading various posts about experience with ART... I am on 4.2, installed oves 4.1 with ART enabled. I have 16GB SanDisk UHS-I SdCard and 1GB swap and 2GB Ext partitions. Swap always on for past few days as described in my previous post. I currently use this setup (off my head):
  1. Enable kernel same page merging
  2. Allow purging of assets
  3. Disable zRam
  4. Use ondemand CPU governor
  5. WIFI on all the time, most of the time conected
  6. Bluetooth off most of the time (except when driving in my car)
  7. if not on WIFI, then 3g most of the time
  8. developer options / force GPU rendering
  9. Locations on
  10. Sound profiles off
  11. Runtime ART
  12. Deactivated some system apps (those I don't need)
  13. Only 10 apps installed over all (the apps in downloaded section in apps management)
  14. No greedy widget. Only clock from ROM, app launchers, Gmail and Calendar

I also tried Greenify and System Monitor and used the latter to free memory first. I stopped using both to actually save memory by minimizing running apps.

And it runs really smooth for me and the battery lasts for 2 days with little usage. Most of the times the issues are with running apps I believe. I have no FC, no bootloops, no restarts or freezes. I get ocassional lags e.g. when launching Hangouts or Evernote. But just the first launch after boot or after running several other apps before.
PoJD001

Postby Odysseus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:49 am

PoJD001 wrote:OK, while reading various posts about experience with ART... I am on 4.2, installed oves 4.1 with ART enabled. I have 16GB SanDisk UHS-I SdCard and 1GB swap and 2GB Ext partitions. Swap always on for past few days as described in my previous post. I currently use this setup (off my head):
  3. Disable zRam
  9. Locations on
  10. Sound profiles off
  11. Runtime ART
  13. Only 10 apps installed over all (the apps in downloaded section in apps management)

I also tried Greenify and System Monitor and used the latter to free memory first. I stopped using both to actually save memory by minimizing running apps.

And it runs really smooth for me and the battery lasts for 2 days with little usage. Most of the times the issues are with running apps I believe. I have no FC, no bootloops, no restarts or freezes. I get ocassional lags e.g. when launching Hangouts or Evernote. But just the first launch after boot or after running several other apps before.

2 days is outstanding! I never got better than a day when I had my HD2. If you're willing to experiment and see if you can do even better. instead of greenify or system monitor you may want to try "Snapdragon BatteryGuru" by Xiam Technologies, which is the software development arm of Qualcomm. I've been using it now for several weeks and it has increased the battery life of my Amaze by 20%.

When you install it, it does practically nothing the first week as it observes and learns what you do on your device and where you do it. Then in the second week it begins to shut down unused and seldom used apps and processes. It doesn't freeze them as they still function properly if launched manually. The app requires little intervention other than a minimal amount during the initial setup or a tweak here and there after you've seen what it does. For me it's far and away the easiest power saver app I've ever used and it works way better than I thought it would when I installed it. Give it a try, you'll thank me later.

Here's the play store link https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... dragon.app
Here's a link to the Qualcomm website Batteryguru page http://www.qualcomm.com/snapdragon/features/batteryguru
Reviews and info:
http://androidcommunity.com/qualcomm-sn ... -20131030/
http://blog.gsmarena.com/qualcomm-updat ... rsion-2-0/
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Qualcomm ... es_id40161
http://droidhorizon.com/snapdragon-batteryguru-review/

Enjoy!!!
Current device: HTC Amaze 4G
Bootloader: HTC - Dev unlocked, S-on
Recovery: 4ext - smart flash enabled
ROM: CM-10 - Compiled and customized by me - thanks spostsstar89 - CM - Team Nightmare
Xposed framework - rovo89
GravityBox - C3C076

Previous device: HTC HD2 (TMOUS - LEO1024)
Final ROM: NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 v2.7 - Tytung
Had more lives than a cat, best handset I ever owned
Lesson: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RIP
Odysseus
Recognized Contributor

Postby sanehdeep2012 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:51 am

hi tytung i have installed
[Jan. 1, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.2][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.2 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

now camcoder is working thanks for your update

but two problem in rom
1. wifi alway on even in wifi off condition, you can see in battery status, and even you can feel it when i change wifi off to on then it shows all available wifi network imeditely without any search delay,this mean wifi is working and searching available networks in off condition also,
2.when i remove search bar from desktop it remove wieght/apps remove button also from desktop,so without searchbar at desktop i am unable to remove unwanted wieght / apps from desktop,

rest you are doing rocking i love your all roms

i alway install your rom only as all the roms are stable

i love your roms
sanehdeep2012
Newly Registered Member

Postby greene1983 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:30 am

when i remove search bar from desktop it remove wieght/apps remove button also from desktop,so without searchbar at desktop i am unable to remove unwanted wieght / apps from desktop

The area where you can remove is still there, its just not visible. It is in the middle of the screen, a bit below the upper margin of the screen (if you are at the top, the icon will drop). Just move it slowly downwards when you are at the top-middle of the screen and the icon will eventually turn red. Release it and it will be deleted.

I encountered a minor problem: The Phone needs pretty much time to wake on incoming calls. It takes up to 10 seconds for the phone activate the display and to show the "pick-up"-screen. Is it possible to improve this? Some of my callers hung up because normally i pick up very fast and they think im not available...

That is so far the only think that bothered me in the daily routine. Does anybody else have this ?

Thx.
Last edited by greene1983 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
greene1983

Postby cdespier » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:59 am

PoJD001 wrote:OK, while reading various posts about experience with ART... I am on 4.2, installed oves 4.1 with ART enabled. I have 16GB SanDisk UHS-I SdCard and 1GB swap and 2GB Ext partitions. Swap always on for past few days as described in my previous post. I currently use this setup (off my head):
  3. Disable zRam
  9. Locations on
  10. Sound profiles off
  11. Runtime ART

My phone works perfectly with all your settings.
This is the best ROM from the beginning.
I'm DataOnExt with UE mobile: Rom system 367m/982m Internal/SD 16G
I decreased all scales animation in 0.5x and disabled Google Now.
cdespier
Newly Registered Member

Postby ersinozler » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 am

Hello all dear folks,

Here is my Test Drive Results:

"Native SD Clean Install to v4.2.2"

+One of the Fastest and relatively one of the most battery saver version of Anroid Roms
+No low sound crash issue.

Unfortunetly;

1. Black screen issue is spreading (Google Search + Currents App + Facebook App) (Workaround: disable apps' Hardware Acceleration via Hwa Settings - Not Helpfull)
The thing is: All these Apps. works fine on their welcome screen, but when you choice another section or make a search or select something, that new screen comes black but navigation buttons is visible and working.

2. Lock Screen Always Displays Clock with Date and Camera Shortcut when slide to right.
The Thing is: Settings>Lock Screen>Clock Widget - Non of the preferences combination does effects to the lock screen, it always shows the clock with no calender or alarm, boldness effects, Wheather screen doesnt shown or changes etc. what ever combination you select - Even when you remove the screen it is just comes back on the very next wake up)

3. Incoming call: Takes some extra seconds to wake up (.....zzzzz)

4. When i remove Google Search bar; Remove section disappears but it's dropzone area is still active to drop objects to remove.

5. E-mail Push Service: I use Hotmail. Push Service do not work smoothly. Sometimes receieves, sometimes just continue to sleeeep (.....zzzzz)

Thanks for Tytung and for all the members for any kind of attributes to this great community.

Device: Legend...wait for it...HTC HD2 (LEO512)dary
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: 4EXT
SD: Sundisk Class10 16GB
ersinozler

Postby soren » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:08 pm

PoJD001 wrote:[*] developer options / force GPU rendering

Just out of curiosity, why do you force GPU rendering? I used to do this because I thought it would be faster but I didn't see any difference. On the contrary, I feel the apps launch faster (second time onward) when I disable HWUI for them.
soren

Postby ventura8 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:56 pm

ersinozler wrote:Hello all dear folks,

Here is my Test Drive Results:

"Native SD Clean Install to v4.2.2"

+One of the Fastest and relatively one of the most battery saver version of Anroid Roms
+No low sound crash issue.

Unfortunetly;

1. Black screen issue is spreading (Google Search + Currents App + Facebook App) (Workaround: disable apps' Hardware Acceleration via Hwa Settings - Not Helpfull)
The thing is: All these Apps. works fine on their welcome screen, but when you choice another section or make a search or select something, that new screen comes black but navigation buttons is visible and working.

2. Lock Screen Always Displays Clock with Date and Camera Shortcut when slide to right.
The Thing is: Settings>Lock Screen>Clock Widget - Non of the preferences combination does effects to the lock screen, it always shows the clock with no calender or alarm, boldness effects, Wheather screen doesnt shown or changes etc. what ever combination you select - Even when you remove the screen it is just comes back on the very next wake up)

3. Incoming call: Takes some extra seconds to wake up (.....zzzzz)

4. When i remove Google Search bar; Remove section disappears but it's dropzone area is still active to drop objects to remove.

5. E-mail Push Service: I use Hotmail. Push Service do not work smoothly. Sometimes receieves, sometimes just continue to sleeeep (.....zzzzz)

Thanks for Tytung and for all the members for any kind of attributes to this great community.

Device: Legend...wait for it...HTC HD2 (LEO512)dary
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: 4EXT
SD: Sundisk Class10 16GB

Very good details ersinozler. I am experiencing exactly the same on leo512 with samsung class10 16gb sd card. i have a 4gb ext4 part, the rest is fat32.NativeSD installation. i am gonna switch to art soon i will report back. Tytung, thank you for your hard work and care for the HD2 community
ventura8
Newly Registered Member

Postby ibanezz » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi,

I have problem with my Nokia CK-15W BT car kit.
After connection car kit asks for downloading contacts from the phone.
After few seconds the kit reboots and the situationn repeats in loop.

Without downloading contats it works correctly, but it is not what I want to have.... :(

Recently, in the early versions of 4.0.x roms the situation was the same, but after some versions it was corrected (I don't remember numer of working version,,,). Now it happens again...

NexusHD2 2.x and WM6.x/WP7 are working correctly with this car kit.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Ibanezz
ibanezz

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development