Board setup requests

Discussion about anything related to Android or this forum here.
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: Board setup requests

Postby NYLimited » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:25 pm

Tom wrote:Please see phpBB FAQ
faq.php#f0r2

Why do I get logged off automatically?
If you do not check the Log me in automatically box when you login, the board will only keep you logged in for a preset time. This prevents misuse of your account by anyone else. To stay logged in, check the box during login.


Thanks, Tom, but I think there is something else going on.

I *do* check that box and I could be asked for login info after only one page display. And, again, this seems to be happening (at least for me) only with Chrome running on a mobile.



----
You can chose to ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Advertisement
 

Re: Board setup requests

Postby symbuzzer » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 pm

NYLimited wrote:
Thanks, Tom, but I think there is something else going on.

I *do* check that box and I could be asked for login info after only one page display. And, again, this seems to be happening (at least for me) only with Chrome running on a mobile.



----
You can chose to ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.


I use google chrome on pc and opera mini on leo for surfing. I check also "Log me in automatically" box but sometimes I log out automatically too. I think it is maybe about forum modifications. If Tytung adds strings&codes etc... on sql database, it can cause problems like this.
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:05 am
Country: Turkey (tr)
Has thanked: 176 times
Been thanked: 168 times

Re: Board setup requests

Postby tytung » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:39 pm

symbuzzer wrote:
I use google chrome on pc and opera mini on leo for surfing. I check also "Log me in automatically" box but sometimes I log out automatically too. I think it is maybe about forum modifications. If Tytung adds strings&codes etc... on sql database, it can cause problems like this.


If this issue is not caused by the official phpBB scripts.
Then the biggest suspect might be the phpBB Mod/plugin, phpBB SEO, and my inappropriate configuration.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: Board setup requests

Postby Tom » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:39 pm

Tytung thanks. If you have not already done so it may be worth checking article in Support ‹ Knowledge Base ‹ phpBB3 ‹ Administration ‹ Fixing incorrect cookie settings
https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/fixing ... -settings/
tytung wrote:
If this issue is not caused by the official phpBB scripts.
Then the biggest suspect might be the phpBB Mod/plugin, phpBB SEO, and my inappropriate configuration.

Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you
Tom
Junior Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 pm
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Board setup requests

Postby Tom » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 pm

NYLimited wrote:Thanks, Tom, but I think thereis something else going on.
I *do* check that box and I could be asked for login info after only one page display. And, again, this seems to be happening (at least for me) only with Chrome running on a mobile.

Chrome seems to be a common theme for problems with this feature . I wonder have you set the Chrome Privacy setting 'Do not track' correctly? It has to be OFF for the "keep me logged in" to work.
Cheers
Tom
Attachments
Screenshot_2013-07-13-22-17-51.png
Wrong 'Do not track' setting
Screenshot_2013-07-13-22-17-51.png (222.99 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
Tom
Junior Member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 pm
Country: United Kingdom (uk)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 24 times

Re: Board setup requests

Postby NYLimited » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:57 am

Tom wrote:Chrome seems to be a common theme for problems with this feature . I wonder have you set the Chrome Privacy setting 'Do not track' correctly? It has to be OFF for the "keep me logged in" to work.
Cheers
Tom


Good idea but my mobile do not track us off (just looked to make sure). For me, the difference is desktop to mobile version. I also notice that try v to backup to the previous page often does not work for me on mobile but always does on desktop.

Lastly, I don’t think it is a mod extention since @coohdeh is not a moderator...



----
You can chose to ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: Board setup requests

Postby tytung » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:34 am

Tom wrote:Tytung thanks. If you have not already done so it may be worth checking article in Support ‹ Knowledge Base ‹ phpBB3 ‹ Administration ‹ Fixing incorrect cookie settings
https://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/fixing ... -settings/

Cheers
Tom

My Note 2 to you

I have the correct cookie settings.
Anyway, thanks.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Syntax Highlighter 3 phpbb3 1.2.0

Postby tytung » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:36 am

Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: Board setup requests

Postby donblazello » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:19 pm

Is there a way to disable mail notification of new message in subscribed topics? Tapatalk notification is enough for me ;)
If I helped please hit "Thanks" button.
[GUIDE] How to install Android on HTC HD2/LEO [aMagldr / Black LK]


HTC HD2 | HSPL4 3.03 | RADIO 2.15.50.14 | BOOTLOADER CLK 1.5.2.1 | RECOVERY TWRP Extended v2.6.1.2 | ROM NexusHD2-JellyBean-4.2.2-CM10/1/2 V2.6 NativeSD
Nokia Lumia 820
User avatar
donblazello
Junior Member
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:10 pm
Country: Poland (pl)
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Board setup requests

Postby NYLimited » Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 pm

donblazello wrote:Is there a way to disable mail notification of new message in subscribed topics? Tapatalk notification is enough for me ;)


I am not sure if this is the right answer or not but my understanding is that subscribing and bookmarking in phpBB are two seperate functions.

When you subscribe to a topic, you will be notified by e-mail when a new reply is posted to the topic whilst when bookmarking, you will see the topic listed in your UCP so you can quickly find it (but you should not get notifications).

Of course, I could be totally wrong here... :?

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron