[Oct. 20, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby luran » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:23 pm

That was spot on! Disabling the softkey fixed the issue, thanks a lot.
luran
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:59 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Advertisement
 

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby famewolf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:02 pm

@Tytung (or anyone else that can answer)

Did the source you pulled from Cyanogenmod include the pushsms changes koush included as of 7-1 to allow any app to send sms's via google voice?


XDA user Koush has found a solution to using google voice with any messaging app. Here are the steps to take

Beta 2: Google Voice through any messaging app

0) Google Voice must be installed with notifications enabled (for now).

1) Install a recent +CyanogenMod nightly. July 1st or later. You need the SMS middleware patches I put in for PushSMS. (see Gerrit)

2) Push this apk to /system/app: http://download.clockworkmod.com/tes...l-2-signed.apk adb install will not work. The app requires system/signature permissions.

4) Start Babel, choose your Google Voice account. Authorize it.

Fixed since original release:

* Registers with AccessibilityService automatically.
* SMS sent via GV website, etc now sync to the stock messaging store.
* If you're running a +CyanogenMod build from last night, the duplicate GV notifications will be cleared.

famewolf
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:57 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby vs.varshney » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:08 pm

Great smooth ROM.

A small Bug:

When Music is ON, Then on lockscreen the music widget comes on the next page, there's nothing on the current lockscreen except unlock pattern or Slide unlock or sometimes clock widget overlapping the Owner Info., n when i try to drag down current screen, music widget on next page drags down always (happens when i press the any button to wake up HD2 and all this happens on the present screen.)

But swiping of widget screen in either direction instantly brings the Music widget on the current screen.

My Install: NAND, 350\5, MAGLDR.

Attached Screenshots: 1) Music widget is on next lockscreen page.

Screenshot1.jpg
Screenshot1.jpg (74.83 KiB) Viewed 1897 times



2) Drag down of music widget.

Screenshot2.jpg
Screenshot2.jpg (74.86 KiB) Viewed 1897 times


3) Also overlapping of Text On Lockscreen.(Ideally default should be music widget instead of Clock widget over here!! ), and when swiping down, the widget on the next screen is selected (Music widget).

Screenshot3.jpg
Screenshot3.jpg (70.05 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
vs.varshney
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:58 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby NYLimited » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm

luran wrote:Thanks for this great rom! There is a small glitch I noticed, when I tried to use the camera in google translate, the preview image was all teared apart. The image taken for the translation is still OK though. I tried older version like 2.3 and 2.2, also 1.5 for CM10, all have the same issue, the only one in which the camera works properly in google translate is v3.3a for GB 2.3.7.


Try Button Savior with the auto-hide option instead of softkeys. Maybe that will help.

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby tytung » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:35 pm

famewolf wrote:@Tytung (or anyone else that can answer)

Did the source you pulled from Cyanogenmod include the pushsms changes koush included as of 7-1 to allow any app to send sms's via google voice?




No. I have my own android_frameworks_opt_telephony git.
I didn't pull the latest source code from CM this time.
So SMS middleware patches were not included.

If you would like to test PushSMS, please flash telephony-common.jar_SMS_middleware_patches_for_CM-10.1_updater.zip and report back. Thanks.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby tytung » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm

vs.varshney wrote:Great smooth ROM.

A small Bug:

When Music is ON, Then on lockscreen the music widget comes on the next page, there's nothing on the current lockscreen except unlock pattern or Slide unlock or sometimes clock widget overlapping the Owner Info., n when i try to drag down current screen, music widget on next page drags down always (happens when i press the any button to wake up HD2 and all this happens on the present screen.)

But swiping of widget screen in either direction instantly brings the Music widget on the current screen.

My Install: NAND, 350\5, MAGLDR.

Attached Screenshots: 1) Music widget is on next lockscreen page.

Screenshot1.jpg



2) Drag down of music widget.

Screenshot2.jpg


3) Also overlapping of Text On Lockscreen.(Ideally default should be music widget instead of Clock widget over here!! ), and when swiping down, the widget on the next screen is selected (Music widget).

Screenshot3.jpg


It looks like a CM common bug.
I won't fix such bug which is not specific to HD2.

Could anyone confirm if you have this bug or not while using CM10.1 on other phones?
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby famewolf » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:09 pm

tytung wrote:
No. I have my own android_frameworks_opt_telephony git.
I didn't pull the latest source code from CM this time.
So SMS middleware patches were not included.

If you would like to test PushSMS, please flash telephony-common.jar_SMS_middleware_patches_for_CM-10.1_updater.zip and report back. Thanks.


Thank you tytung for the fast response. I will flash the file you mentioned right after I upgrade to 2.4 and report back!
famewolf
Junior Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:57 am
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 18 times

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby ciccio » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:38 pm

I have 3 issues. The first comes with 2.4. Since installing 2.4, I have no ringer volume. If I rollback to 2.3, then in works. All other sound works.
The second and third issues are ongoing with all versions.

Sometimes I got the screen black, device buttons still work, but the screen stays black. The only way to solve is get out battery and restart.
Occasionally the phone freezes. Screen stay on etc. again the only way to solve is get out battery and restart.

All works fine with windows 6.5

aside from this, this is fantastic work
ciccio
Junior Member
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby tytung » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:13 pm

ciccio wrote:I have 3 issues. The first comes with 2.4. Since installing 2.4, I have no ringer volume. If I rollback to 2.3, then in works. All other sound works.
The second and third issues are ongoing with all versions.

Sometimes I got the screen black, device buttons still work, but the screen stays black. The only way to solve is get out battery and restart.
Occasionally the phone freezes. Screen stay on etc. again the only way to solve is get out battery and restart.

All works fine with windows 6.5

aside from this, this is fantastic work


Please check which ringertone you used.
If it's not the default one (Girtab.ogg), you may need to change it because some ringertones may be added or removed by CM.
Regarding the black screen and the phone freezes, they may be caused by a slow SD card (AFAIK) if you're using NativeSD on WinMo 6.5.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: [Jul. 7, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.4 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby NYLimited » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:27 pm

tytung wrote:Please check which ringertone you used. If it's not the default one (Girtab.ogg), you may need to change it because some ringertones may be added or removed by CM.


Just as an idea, I keep all my sounds (ringtones, notifications) on the sd card in a folder called MEDIA so they are generally available regardless of what is in NAND.

If using custom ringtones they can also be easily dropped into the ROM zip file before flashing to assure they will be present (but may change the size requirement for the /system partition!)

Cheers!
Image


MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired


User avatar
NYLimited
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:01 pm
Location: 40.75659° N 73.98626° W
Country: United States (us)
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 255 times

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests