XDA user Koush has found a solution to using google voice with any messaging app. Here are the steps to take
Beta 2: Google Voice through any messaging app
0) Google Voice must be installed with notifications enabled (for now).
1) Install a recent +CyanogenMod nightly. July 1st or later. You need the SMS middleware patches I put in for PushSMS. (see Gerrit)
2) Push this apk to /system/app: http://download.clockworkmod.com/tes...l-2-signed.apk adb install will not work. The app requires system/signature permissions.
4) Start Babel, choose your Google Voice account. Authorize it.
Fixed since original release:
* Registers with AccessibilityService automatically.
* SMS sent via GV website, etc now sync to the stock messaging store.
* If you're running a +CyanogenMod build from last night, the duplicate GV notifications will be cleared.
luran wrote:Thanks for this great rom! There is a small glitch I noticed, when I tried to use the camera in google translate, the preview image was all teared apart. The image taken for the translation is still OK though. I tried older version like 2.3 and 2.2, also 1.5 for CM10, all have the same issue, the only one in which the camera works properly in google translate is v3.3a for GB 2.3.7.
famewolf wrote:@Tytung (or anyone else that can answer)
Did the source you pulled from Cyanogenmod include the pushsms changes koush included as of 7-1 to allow any app to send sms's via google voice?
vs.varshney wrote:Great smooth ROM.
A small Bug:
When Music is ON, Then on lockscreen the music widget comes on the next page, there's nothing on the current lockscreen except unlock pattern or Slide unlock or sometimes clock widget overlapping the Owner Info., n when i try to drag down current screen, music widget on next page drags down always (happens when i press the any button to wake up HD2 and all this happens on the present screen.)
But swiping of widget screen in either direction instantly brings the Music widget on the current screen.
My Install: NAND, 350\5, MAGLDR.
Attached Screenshots: 1) Music widget is on next lockscreen page.
2) Drag down of music widget.
3) Also overlapping of Text On Lockscreen.(Ideally default should be music widget instead of Clock widget over here!! ), and when swiping down, the widget on the next screen is selected (Music widget).
No. I have my own android_frameworks_opt_telephony git.
I didn't pull the latest source code from CM this time.
So SMS middleware patches were not included.
If you would like to test PushSMS, please flash telephony-common.jar_SMS_middleware_patches_for_CM-10.1_updater.zip and report back. Thanks.
ciccio wrote:I have 3 issues. The first comes with 2.4. Since installing 2.4, I have no ringer volume. If I rollback to 2.3, then in works. All other sound works.
The second and third issues are ongoing with all versions.
Sometimes I got the screen black, device buttons still work, but the screen stays black. The only way to solve is get out battery and restart.
Occasionally the phone freezes. Screen stay on etc. again the only way to solve is get out battery and restart.
All works fine with windows 6.5
aside from this, this is fantastic work
tytung wrote:Please check which ringertone you used. If it's not the default one (Girtab.ogg), you may need to change it because some ringertones may be added or removed by CM.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests