[Oct. 20, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Jun. 23, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Refraction » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:03 pm

Hi everyone!

I have two issues:
1) If screen is on, single volume rocker button press increases\reduces the volume only by one level.
But if screen is off, button press increases\reduces the volume by two levels. And this behavior appeared at the latest version. With the previous versions button press worked properly. The same bug appeared with PixelDroid AOKP firmware, AFAIR.

2) An old bug that annoys me for a long time:
I turn on mobile data, then I turn on WiFi tether. Mobile data and tethering work fine.
When I turn off tether and mobile data and after a while I turn on mobile data again - mobile data doesn't work: icon on signal status changes to H\3G\E, but actually I can't load any page or connect to google play. Even switching to airplane mode doesn't fix this issue => only softreset helps to get Internet connection back :)

HD2 TMOUS
Clean install. NAND. Partition size 285mb.
Refraction

Advertisement

Re: [Jun. 23, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Martin Mystere » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Hello Tytung,

I was using your 2.2 JB and I had mobile data with that version, but after I updated to 2.3 I don't have mobile data anymore.

First I just updated, but after that I did several clean installs and nothing happened - I still have that issue that don't have mobile data.

Could you please help me with that issue because I assume I'm not the only one with it? :oops:

Just to mention it's Native to SD, with RMNET, sd-ext partition 3GB...
Martin Mystere

Postby MarkAtHome » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:16 am

Santiago94 wrote:
tytung wrote:
It seems the message is caused by your SIM card or your mobile carrier. Old SIM card?
I never get that message. I can switch between WiFi and 3G smoothly. I'm using NativeSD and MAGLDR with RMNET.

I never try to disable CPU rendering, so I cannot comment if it's useful or not.

We're lucky to have the last RC5 (built on June 23) before the stable version released on June 24. :shock:
Don't worry. There's not big source code changes on June 24.
You can edit build.prop to update 10.1.0-RC5-leo to 10.1.0-leo yourself. :lol:

Hmm .. in what sense the old SIM card? . I got it maybe a year maybe less, can the SIM card, make a micro-SIM, so rather it is the new standard. I do not know what could be the problem. Thanks for the reply :) TSAI

Hi Santiago -- I do not know what carrier you are using or where you are located, but I use T-Mobile in the U.S. I simply called them up and told them I was getting sporatic data drops. I then said

"... I was told that it could be due to an older SIM (do not state its age). Can I drop by a retail store and have them update me?"

Presuming they answer "yes", make sure that they notate that on your record, so that when you go to the store, they will see it notated and update you to the latest SIM card at no charge; otherwise they will charge you.

SIM cards are normally updated multiple times per year.
MarkAtHome
Forum Moderator

Postby sunitknandi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:23 am

Hello tytung, nice to join you here too! :D

Hey NYLimited and MarkAtHome. :D
sunitknandi

Postby marco.palumbi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:10 am

tytung wrote:
marco.palumbi wrote:hi tytung,

did you read this post on xda?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpos ... count=1970

in the log that I posted i found suspicous the colon in font of bt-pan in this line

E/Tethering( 353): Tried to Tether an unknown iface :bt-pan, ignoring

any way to fix it?

In config.xml (source code overlay for framework-res.apk), config_tether_bluetooth_regexs is set to bnep.
I don't know where to check bt-pan so far.
Code: Select all
    <!-- List of regexpressions describing the interface (if any) that represent tetherable
         USB interfaces.  If the device doesn't want to support tething over USB this should
         be empty.  An example would be "usb.*" -->
    <string-array translatable="false" name="config_tether_usb_regexs">
        <item>"usb0"</item>
    </string-array>

<!-- List of regexpressions describing the interface (if any) that represent tetherable
         Wifi interfaces.  If the device doesn't want to support tethering over Wifi this
         should be empty.  An example would be "softap.*" -->
    <string-array translatable="false" name="config_tether_wifi_regexs">
        <item>"wl0.1"</item>
    </string-array>

bluetooth interfaces. If the device doesn't want to support tethering over bluetooth this
         should be empty. -->
    <string-array translatable="false" name="config_tether_bluetooth_regexs">
        <item>"bnep\\d"</item>   
    </string-array>

<!-- Array of ConnectivityManager.TYPE_xxxx values allowable for tethering -->
    <!-- Common options are [1, 4] for TYPE_WIFI and TYPE_MOBILE_DUN or
    <!== [0,1,5,7] for TYPE_MOBILE, TYPE_WIFI, TYPE_MOBILE_HIPRI and TYPE_BLUETOOTH -->
    <integer-array translatable="false" name="config_tether_upstream_types">
        <item>0</item>
        <item>1</item>
        <item>5</item>
        <item>7</item>
    </integer-array>

well...probabily the Bluetooth implementation has changed.
Now when you start theter the network interface is named bt-pan intead of bnep0
please try to compile framework-res.apk changing bnep\\d into bt-pan
i can test it
marco.palumbi
Recognized Developer

Postby testgan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:04 pm

symbuzzer, tytung.....I have uploaded video where you can see my problem with graphics when I go to recent apps screen.

I use live wallpapers there on video.

Address is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4PwBL6BOLQ&feature=youtu.be
testgan

Postby symbuzzer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:33 pm

testgan wrote:symbuzzer, tytung.....I have uploaded video where you can see my problem with graphics when I go to recent apps screen.

Address is:

ovv, I think low ram causes this. Try to reconfigure system\etc\init.d\99_low memory killer script. Maybe it will help.
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator

Postby testgan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:17 pm

symbuzzer wrote:
testgan wrote:symbuzzer, tytung.....I have uploaded video where you can see my problem with graphics when I go to recent apps screen.

Address is:

ovv, I think low ram causes this. Try to reconfigure system\etc\init.d\99_low memory killer script. Maybe it will help.

I do always have between 180 - 100 mb free ram.
Also I use advanced task killer. What should I do with above script?

p.s. I reverted my wallpaper from live to static wallpaper, it has around 170 mb free memory...and it works ok with it (recent apps screen is ok).
Then I shifted to live wallpaper...hd2 has 137 mb of memory this time. And again problems. I think it is some graphics problem. Should I revert back to NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.2 ? Also, when I purchased this HD2 it had had android nexus 4.0.4....and this sort of stuff with recent apps screen did not occur.
testgan

Postby symbuzzer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:28 pm

testgan wrote:
symbuzzer wrote:

Address is:

I do always have between 180 - 100 mb free ram.
Also I use advanced task killer. What should I do with above script?

p.s. I reverted my wallpaper from live to static wallpaper, it has around 170 mb free memory...and it works ok with it (recent apps screen is ok).
Then I shifted to live wallpaper...hd2 has 137 mb of memory this time. And again problems. I think it is some graphics problem. Should I revert back to NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1 V2.2 ? Also, when I purchased this HD2 it had had android nexus 4.0.4....and this sort of stuff with recent apps screen did not occur.

I suggest, dont use live wallpaper a while. If you want to use live wallpaper without any issue and you hadnt this issue in previous version, you can install and use it, this is your prefer.
symbuzzer
Forum Moderator

Postby pablonj » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:18 pm

same problem with shazam, soundhound, audiotool.When you use them, and then you receive a call, a buzz single is heard, and there is to remove the battery and restart again to operate the phone. I think that it is related to the driver of audio and maybe has no solution, because our HD2 is not a native android.
pablonj
Newly Registered Member

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development