[Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [July 13, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.6 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Hacker » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:03 pm

soren wrote:I believe he means making the recovery partition 10 MB has nothing to do with the booting issue. Resizing your system partition to 400 MB should fix the booting issue.

I see now. Thank you.
Hacker

Advertisement

Re: [July 13, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.6 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby NYLimited » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:38 pm

Hacker wrote:With respect, I paid close attention to everything NYLimited wrote. I was supposed to increase my system partition so I don't waste the space for UserData and to avoid bad blocks. I was also supposed to keep some space reserved for future recovery. NYLimited specifically stated that this has nothing to do with your booting issues. If I misunderstood the message and this was indeed supposed to help with the booting issues and not only bad blocks / future recovery then I apologize, it was not how I understood it.

My mistake. This is what happens when I try to do too many things in too short a time and my post is not clear. Sorry.

The 400 MB system partition size should most likely correct your booting issues. The recovery partition resize is a recommendation only and it has nothing to do with the booting issue. Two different things which should have been more clear.

Hacker wrote:I did read a few posts from the beginning of the thread but as there are 176 pages and no search I wouldn't know where to start, I am sorry. Thank you for the advice with the 400 MB partition. Meanwhile I have tested the NativeSD and it works fine. Do you think it is worth it going back to DataOnExt?

Thank you.

I have never used NativeSD so I cannot say, sorry. I did use DataOnExt on two of my HD2s for a long time and, with some fine tuning, it worked well till my HD2s finally died.

Cheers!

MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired

NYLimited
Forum Moderator

Postby Wizzard » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi every one...here is another small info update on the version 4.6

* Not that these bugs happened on a NAND with DataOnEXT installation. *

Double digits in dialphone menu :
I have found out the nature of the double digits in the phone dial is in the HWA settings. When the option "Phone" and " Dialer" in HWA settings is unchecked , it causes a double digit view when typing long distance numbers. It seems that this option cannot be unchecked with out causing any bugs.

Dialpad screen:
The dialpad screen seems to have a small bug when clicking the phone. The dial pad does not load quickly and hangs with empty dialpad. This can vary from HD2 i supposed but as in the usage with mine its what I've got so far. To see the dial pad a click back to contacts and back to dial pad makes it appear.

Applications:
The following integrated apps may cause some really phone freezes and crashes once started.

* GoogleSearch & GoogleNow integrated : loads slow and crashes. Map view cannot be seen under google search

* GoogleMaps : Doesnt not work at all ,and times crashing the phone.

* FlashMedia : Integrated browser has a very slow respond to open up any ActiveX loaded or flash media site.

* HWA Settings : Takes forever to start and once running takes another extra time to load the apps in view.

* Incomming call: Loads very slow on screen and gives a slight cracking sound ( this can be network )

* Art Runtime: Most of the integrated applications in the ROM does not work when started.

* Background process limit: can be changed ,but returns to the original system settings once it reboots the phone on its own.

* Performance settings: Changing the processor tweak to " On Demand " causes the phone to heat up and switches off thermally.

Options were tested on the new 4.6 CM11 , I can only say that so far after testing it consistantly and the phone react very slowly with several crashes.

I am now testing the similar things under version 4.5 ,and so far..all these settings into 4.5 gives no similar response to 4.6 and works perfectly. I can clearly state that the version 4.5 is much more stable as in the tests I've done.

Again...maybe its a choice of programs that causes the problems in this update ,however probable i have reduced the applications file size by choosing a smaller sized applications to give the phone on a memory buffer edge. Under the version 4.5 it runs like there is no tomorrow ,while under 4.6 systems crashes and freezing UI keeps showing up daily.

The installation of the v.4.6 goes flawlessly ,but once Google BackUp Restore as been accessed to restore the previous applications. The phone then starts to freeze ,flicker,hang and crash. Hope this can give you guys a bit of view as into the usage mather.

Greetz
Wizzard
Wizzard

Postby SrkRahil » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:25 am

Hello Everyone,
Does anyone have a problem of phone freezing within few minutes after starting MOBILE DATA??? :?: :roll:
Should i try to flash a new radio??
Any idea which is best radio version for TMOUS HD2???
I currently have 2.15.50.14 version installed
SrkRahil

Postby mendeli » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am

hi tytung, can you upload your roms to mega.co.nz
other sites download speeds are very low for free users
i couldnt find how to contact with you. thanks.
mendeli
Newly Registered Member

Postby tytung » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:20 pm

mendeli wrote:hi tytung, can you upload your roms to mega.co.nz
other sites download speeds are very low for free users
i couldnt find how to contact with you. thanks.

nexushd2-kitkat-cm11-0-t230-1550.html#p6097
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
tytung
Site Admin

Postby jeyjey » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:01 am

In the folder "system/etc/init.d" there is a script called "99_lowmemorykiller".
I tried to test this script with SManager app and I get the following message :
can't create /sys/Module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree: Permission denied

So I wonder if the script works correctly for me.
(In SManager, I checked "Is script", "SU" and "Run").
After verifying, properties of /sys/Module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree are just -r--r--r--
jeyjey

Postby jalali.arsalan » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Hey tytung

Please let us know how to change the SD card to the former situation. I mean after partitioning and creating FAT32 and EXT4 it reduces from 8GB to 4GB but it never comes back. I don't want to use it for Android and I just need my SD card to be the same as before so I can give it to my friend. I've tried to resize it with SDFormatter but it didn't help. Thanks
jalali.arsalan
Newly Registered Member

Postby tudau29 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:44 am

jalali.arsalan wrote:Hey tytung

Please let us know how to change the SD card to the former situation. I mean after partitioning and creating FAT32 and EXT4 it reduces from 8GB to 4GB but it never comes back. I don't want to use it for Android and I just need my SD card to be the same as before so I can give it to my friend. I've tried to resize it with SDFormatter but it didn't help. Thanks

Use Panasonic SD card formatter.
tudau29

Postby tudau29 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:46 am

jalali.arsalan wrote:Hey tytung

Also can use old Nokia phone,
tudau29

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development