[Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Wizzard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:34 am

bambus wrote:
2. Another problem is often black screen parts appears in some programs: browser, aliexpress, etc.

3. And third problem - is lighting sensor - is it works? screen always darker then usually.

The version 4.6 is known to have some bugs in the system ,most advisedly to format the SD Card ,remake partions ,Wipe Clean the device and install the new version 4.7. Through out the post pages there are a few changes you can make to better your performance.

*note* Updating from 4.5 to 4.6 and 4.7 will not completely remove all the system bugs ! ,and cause the known blackscreen and lighted up menu buttons. A suggestion to make a total new installation is required once a back up is made. Select " Google's Backup Restore " function in the settings menu before installation. This provides a application installation to your phone once the new rom is installed and WiFi is activated.

:geek: Wizzard
Wizzard

Advertisement

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Wizzard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:06 am

strakov wrote:Hello Guys,

Thanks tytung for another great job!
But after install v4.7 my phone is laggy... 4.3.0 v3.3 was running perfect. Do you know the reason why? Maybe I have to change something? my conf:
350/5m, Is it okay? I will be grateful for all of your opinions.

Regards.

I have been having the same problems with my previous installation ,so the most practical solution for this issue is a larger partition size to 400mb

Wizzard

Postby aaronnoris » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:22 am

soren wrote:In my experience, JellyBean is faster but KitKat has more features.

Data on ext speaking.

Dude, would you say it is even faster then 4.0.4 ics?
If so, what version of jelly bean would you recommend me?
aaronnoris

Postby Wizzard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:24 am

mehrdad201 wrote:Dear tytung

Do you recommend me to install this ROM on my HTC HD2 ?
My HD2 has 576 MB Ram and 512MB ROM and I have 8 GB CLASS 10 Micro SD in my device.

Also clk1.5 and recovery 1.3 is installed and my current ROM is 4.0

please tell me android 4.4.4 is Android L? (or Android One)
Because I have heard recently that Google has introduced a new version of android called "Android One" for low config devices.

Thanks a lot

The installation you've made is quite good and should be running smoothly if eveything for the installation were done correctly. Given the possibility that you may not be using much data space as for GPS maps ,Pictures ,Movies and Music.

The most practical size many in many cases is a 16Gb up to 32Gb which is the maximun the HTC HD2 can manage.
Class 10 Micro SDHC gives a good performance ,however card brands may differ in speed and performance even having the same amount of data space.

About the Android L:
Google has launched its new fleet of Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 devices with the Android L ( Lollipop ) ,which is a experience for developers again. For those using the HTC One M8 ,it will be also challenging to experience this in the new update during December month directly from Google. As for the coding geek bro's ...there is so far as my knowledge goes 5000 API's available for developers , so this may be something for the HD2 in probability.

Wizzard

Postby Wizzard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:50 am

lotus69 wrote:I'm back to 4.5
4.7 is not stable
Wi-Fi and USB Thetering not work
In 3G mobile setting it always starts by itself new
and so on

Given the fact that your installation is done correctly..here is a follow up on your connectivity.

This problem has been an issue for some time , however the reason may be in the Rom's system you should perhaps try a new SiM card. The new generation SIM cards has a different code compared the old GSM 3 cards we known dated from 1995 and up.

The problem I had before that after installing the 4.4 ,is that there were no 3G coverage. This changed after the SIM card was replaced with a new generation Class C type . In Android JellyBean and Gingerbread there were some apn codes for a numerous of networks, which changed in the version 4.4 and up.

Google roms seems to work with the devices significant output voltage ratherly : 5 V, 3 V classes A, B, respectively in order to make the GSM 3 and 3G connection. But in connection values it seems ratherly problematic to get 3G coverage in the netherlands with a Class A or B Card. The class C Sim uses 1.8v and its required to make 3G and internet connection.
Micro Sim cards are made with another code to be able to run on the 4G network.

Wizzard

Postby soren » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:12 pm

aaronnoris wrote:Data on ext speaking.

Dude, would you say it is even faster then 4.0.4 ics?
If so, what version of jelly bean would you recommend me?

I'm not sure which one is faster. I recommend NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7.
soren

Postby zenida » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:49 pm

Hello guys.. it's the first time after a long time that I'm swithing to cLK 1.5.2.1
I seen a lot of changes really cool, and now I want to keep this bootloader.. but I've a problem to boot this ROM

I installed 4.7 through extended TWRP 2.6.3.4 in NativeSD mode.. but system can't boot yet

What I've to do to let cLK read the right boot path?

EDIT:
[SOLVED]

After installing ROM through TWRP, I needed to upgrade Kernel:
1) Open TWRP
2) Advanced (Menu)
3) NativeSD Manager
4) Kernel Update
5) Selected "Boot" partition as boot
6) Selected NexusHD2-KitKat ROM
7) Reboot to system and enjoy ;)
zenida

FM radio recorder on NexusHD2 KK v4.7

Postby Dr.Seyed » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:11 pm

Hi Tytung,

I've been enjoying all your great roms since 2 years ago, you are the best.

To complete my celebration the only thing I really need is the the support for FM Radio recording; Spirit is playing awesome, has some recording settings too but I couldn't do the job. Any tweaks to tricks to get the Spirit redord radio? Or other apps you may suggest? Or maybe you would cook another great dish to serve HD2 riders? :D

And just out of curiosity, I've read something about FM transmission support by HD2 hardware in some XDA old discussions; Any idea?

Thanks in advance,
Dr.Seyed
Newly Registered Member

Postby Wizzard » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:26 pm

zenida wrote:Hello guys.. it's the first time after a long time that I'm swithing to cLK 1.5.2.1
I seen a lot of changes really cool, and now I want to keep this bootloader.. but I've a problem to boot this ROM

I installed 4.7 through extended TWRP 2.6.3.4 in NativeSD mode.. but system can't boot yet

What I've to do to let cLK read the right boot path?

EDIT:
[SOLVED]

After installing ROM through TWRP, I needed to upgrade Kernel:
1) Open TWRP
2) Advanced (Menu)
3) NativeSD Manager
4) Kernel Update
5) Selected "Boot" partition as boot
6) Selected NexusHD2-KitKat ROM
7) Reboot to system and enjoy ;)

1)You will need FastBoot drivers ,these can be found on the XDA forum .After acquiring the files unzip it to C: drive which creates the folder C:\fastboot.

2) Make sure that the ROM your about to use is the compatible one for this boot mode. It is possible that this rom will not work in NAND installation. In this scenario you should unpack it and create a Android folder with the rom inside.

3)Next..copy the files "zImage" and "initrd.gz" from the Android folder to the folder FASTBOOT folder that has been created earlier.

4)Open the command prompt on your PC and navigate to the folder containing the files mentioned above ie. C:\fastboot. During this procedure the phone must be connected to the PC and booted into CLK.

5)Now execute the following command as done from the command prompt opened previously.
Before doing this change the "path=Android" part of the command to path=whatever you called the folder you copied to your SDcard. The command therefore is : fastboot -c "rel_path=Android nand_boot=0" -b 0x11800000 flash:raw sboot zImage initrd.gz

6)At this point the installation will endure untill final stages. Once finished ( a significant time will be at hand once started ) do "REBOOT HBOOT" on your device. Now select the ANDROID @ BOOT for your NAND ROM or ANDROID @ sBOOT for your new SD ROM.

*Note* Unless it is a necesity to be able to charge when the phone is off, the only other significant advantage of cLK over MAGLDR is that it gives a more native Android feel. MAGDLR boot sequence works fine in my opinion and to others ,but this is a choice of usage by those who rather simplicity.

Wizzard

Postby zenida » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:34 pm

I don't want to go off topic talking about boot loaders, but yeah it's just a user choice, both are good.... now I just wanted to have native android feel on my HD2.
I don't use Xboot partitions, because I'm setting only one rom with nativeSD support, so I putted kernel @ Nand boot.

I've another question now related to NexusHD2 KitKat rom:
During Aroma installation I checked Navbar support to yes, and I see in build.prop "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"
But when in landscape I can't see navbar either in extended or normal mode
I tried to swipe from all borders but nothing appeared

EDIT:

I just saw the agbommarito's work... thanks bro ;)

EDIT2:

The Aroma script doesn't recognize the NativeSD rom..
I tried to put boot on sboot partition but nothing.. I tried to check data on EXT in extended TWRP settings (and it recognize data partition but not system partition) and script didn't worked anyway
So I needed to read the script inside the zip file and do it manually

EDIT3:

Putting files manually messed up the system! I want landscape navbar what I'm doing wrong?
I've putted from
here: show
framework-LandscapeSoftkeys/framework/framework-res.apk
To
system/framework/

and from
system-LandscapeSoftkeys/priv-app/SystemUI.apk
To
system/priv-app/

then I setted both permission to 644.. but this way Android goes bootloop on Cid's loading splash screen.
Now I reverted back original files :(
zenida

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development