[Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Wizzard » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:19 pm

zenida wrote:I don't want to go off topic talking about boot loaders, but yeah it's just a user choice, both are good.... now I just wanted to have native android feel on my HD2.
I don't use Xboot partitions, because I'm setting only one rom with nativeSD support, so I putted kernel @ Nand boot.

I've another question now related to NexusHD2 KitKat rom:
During Aroma installation I checked Navbar support to yes, and I see in build.prop "qemu.hw.mainkeys=0"
But when in landscape I can't see navbar either in extended or normal mode
I tried to swipe from all borders but nothing appeared

(

Maybe this can help you out a bit ,My advice is to try this on Eclipse virtual android and run the platform to see what changes it may give.

1. decompile framework-res.apk
- you need apktool.jar 1.4.3 version to decompile the the JellyBean apk.
download 1.4.3 : http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/list
download 1.4.2 : http://code.google.com/p/android-apk...r.bz2&can=1&q=
(if you have problems with 1.4.3, use 1.4.2 instead)

2. Now open /res/values/bools.xml with your text editor app ,preferably to use filemanager with root access.

3. After look for "config_showNavigationBar" and set the value to true and safe

4. Reboot and try the Rom again.

Let us know if it works for you.

:geek: Wizzard
Wizzard

Advertisement

Re: [Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby melando » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:32 pm

Wizzard wrote:The most practical size many in many cases is a 16Gb up to 32Gb which is the maximun the HTC HD2 can manage.
:geek: Wizzard

Actually it can handle more if formatted correctly, I have a 64Gb card
melando

Postby macs18max » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:54 am

Hey tytung!! The sources for gps on github is not updated I guess. Do you think you can release the source for libgps.so , librpc.so and gps.htcleo.so?
If not can you make a patch for so that users using my ROM apply it, or even better if you grant me your permission I will directly port these 4 files in our installer.
Hopefully you will help me

EDIT: Apologise tytung for taking your time . I got it working with the code from your github. Thank you hd2's legendary dev. :D
macs18max

Postby lotus69 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:38 pm

I have installed on my second hd2 now 4.7.
Where is the button for screenshots?
Where is the option for the power setting gone?
WIFI and USB Thetering still does not work.
Since 4.3 has therefore not changed, it's just some disappeared.
Criticism must be surely.
lotus69

Postby Wizzard » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:15 pm

melando wrote:

The reference given is actually the system capacity for the windows 6.5 operation. Hence its a linux based Rom ,it is possible to have a larger capacity in theory, for its not dependable on the core settings. For the small user ... a significant size of 16 to 32GB will suffice for the data space if not used for a large music album collection.

Based on experience ,with all the applications installed, with Benelux and Netherlands navigation maps , i have a minimal use of 2GB from my 32GB SDCard. On the benefit of the space....am curious to know your RAM access speed over the card when needing to open a apllication.

:geek: wizzard
Wizzard

Postby Wizzard » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:28 pm

lotus69 wrote:I have installed on my second hd2 now 4.7.
1) Where is the button for screenshots?
2) Where is the option for the power setting gone?
3) WIFI and USB Thetering still does not work.

1) Screenshot option is to be found in the 4.4 and 4.5 versions ,if needed update from 4.5 to 4.7 ,but be consent of the system bugs that will not be removed totally. Solution: Googleplay/Screenshot Easy.

2) Power settings is found under the desktop setting. To access : presshold desktop ,select widgets ,scroll untill power control widget is found ,presshold the application and place on the desktop page of choice.

3) WiFi connection works perfectly ,suggestion would be to access your WiFi router MAC adress settings and see if its allowed to use the WiFi connection. This is a option with most routers.

*NOTE* Several options has been removed either placed in another section due to the rom update ,its a matter of taking some time and looking your way through the settings to acquire the needed settings for the options you require.

Let us know if this works

Wizzard

Postby andropest » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:37 am

melando wrote:Actually it can handle more if formatted correctly, I have a 64Gb card

I'm also interrested in using a 64GB card.

What kind of card (brand, type, speed) do you use?
How is it formatted(filesystem and parameters)?
Did you install the complete system (NativeSD) on the card or only data?

I ask this because some time ago I bought a 32GB class 10 card from Hama. Despite the fact that it was a class 10 card, it was terribly slow when it comes to writing small files. Due to this reason my NativeSD installation was not really useable with this card. Loading a web page tooks ages, working with a E-mail client was a nightmare and gallerys thumbnail generation comes never to an end.

My next card (that I'm still using) was a 32GB class 10 card from Transcend. With this card, my system is really fast.

If you are using a NativeSD installation that runs fast on your card, I would like to buy exactly the same card, because I like to have a lot of data (music and videos) on my phone but my 32GB card is always full. :-)
andropest

Postby mutouyupb » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 pm

Is there any hope android 5.0 runs in HD2 smoothly?
mutouyupb

Postby Wizzard » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:11 pm

andropest wrote:
I'm also interrested in using a 64GB card.

What kind of card (brand, type, speed) do you use?
How is it formatted(filesystem and parameters)?
Did you install the complete system (NativeSD) on the card or only data?

I ask this because some time ago I bought a 32GB class 10 card from Hama. Despite the fact that it was a class 10 card, it was terribly slow when it comes to writing small files. Due to this reason my NativeSD installation was not really useable with this card. Loading a web page tooks ages, working with a E-mail client was a nightmare and gallerys thumbnail generation comes never to an end.

My next card (that I'm still using) was a 32GB class 10 card from Transcend. With this card, my system is really fast.

If you are using a NativeSD installation that runs fast on your card, I would like to buy exactly the same card, because I like to have a lot of data (music and videos) on my phone but my 32GB card is always full. :-)

It is known that many microSDHC cards in comparison may have almost equal to relatively slower or faster data transfer. A test of all SDHC card would seem practical ,as in to give a extended view of which brand would be most required for NAND installation. This is a ratherly costly procedure to endure so it is to be remind of the fact that some may have a quick data access ,but as for transfer a very low byte rate.

With a advice to view the market benchmark on brands ,it should be a more practical way for choosing the preferred card.

Out of experience ; I use a 32GB Sandisk Mobile microSDHC card with a 95.00 mb/s data transfer capacity ,with a NAND and DATAonEXT4 installation and has a slightly slow access but never any freeze points.

Advice:
ADATA Premier Pro 32GB data access = 94.90 mb/s.
SanDisk Extreme Pro 633x 32G microSDHC data access = 95.10 mb/s.
Silicon Power 32GB data access = 95.20 mb/s.
Kingston Ultimate 32GB data access = 96.00 mb/s.
Toshiba Exceria Type2 32GB data access = 96.20 mb/s.

'Note'All cards are in the range of $100,00 !

In comparison to the 32GB it is common that the 64 will run slower ,so having a 64GB card does not really speed up your system but gives you more data space. For the record......the new generation SDHC UHS type 2 cards are making the market ,like the Toshiba UHS II which has a access speed of 240mb/s. Nevertheless it is possible that old smartphones may not be able to use this data transfer speed due to hardware incompatibility.

Hope this information comes in handy and works for you. Dont forget to share your findings with the forum..good luck.

Wizzard

Postby ariebower » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:30 pm

lotus69 wrote:I have installed on my second hd2 now 4.7.
Where is the button for screenshots?
Where is the option for the power setting gone?
WIFI and USB Thetering still does not work.

For screenshot you can use Xposed Installer and download modules Gravity Box KK, it works, you can take screenshot for power menu and many customization for this ROM.

Wifi Tethering using Wifi Tether (3rd party apps)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Device : HTC HD2 (TMOUS)
HSPL : 2.08.HSPL
Radio : Leo Radio 2.15.50.14
Bootloader : BLACK LK by Kokotas
Recovery : Extended TWRP 2.6.0.0 by Kokotas
NAND ROM : NexusHD2-CM11 Android 4.4 v.4.1 Tytung Project
ariebower

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development