[Nov. 10, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3.0][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: AW: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby tytung » Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:53 am

walter79 wrote:sportsstar89 uploaded the first 4.3 for hd2. :smile:


It is not important who provides the first 4.3 ROM which can boot on HD2.
It's more important that my NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 is more feature-completed and I care about all users.
All NAND, DataOnEXT, and NativeSD users can install my ROM and enjoy it. ;)

walter79 wrote:Tytung can you give us working device tree, missing libs and kernel source (ramdisk source) for your 4.3 rom?


I have followed the open source licence properly and published all the source code that I should release, e.g., the source code of the kernel and GPS lib which are under the GPL licence.
If you cannot find any other source code, it means that they are not GPL licence and I don't have any plan to publish it so far.
I may try to upload some of my patches to the CM community when I have time.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Advertisement
 

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby twoxx » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:29 am

Hi tytung!

After one day of using your new rom:

- mobile data is working and stable, but very slow compared to your former roms
- in notification bar: gsm signal is showed, mobile data is showed (Letter H, 3g, E,G....) but there are no little arrows that show mobile data traffic (up and downloads)
(to solve this issue, i downloaded network monitor mini from playstore in order to get knowledge when there is traffic over mobile data, but this app doesn't recognice traffic
although my browser is loading web-sites, whatsapp is loading messages, email is downloading messages and so on - in former roms this app was able to show this traffic).
can you bring back those little arrows at "signal-strength" in notification bar?
Last edited by twoxx on Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
twoxx
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm
Country: Germany (de)
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: AW: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby twoxx » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:33 am

walter79 wrote:sportsstar89 uploaded the first 4.3 for hd2. :smile:


yes but it's only for clk. and its awful buggy
twoxx
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm
Country: Germany (de)
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby tytung » Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:35 pm

twoxx wrote:Hi tytung!

After one day of using your new rom:

- mobile data is working and stable, but very slow compared to your former roms
- in notification bar: gsm signal is showed, mobile data is showed (Letter H, 3g, E,G....) but there are no little arrows that show mobile data traffic (up and downloads)
(to solve this issue, i downloaded network monitor mini from playstore in order to get knowledge when there is traffic over mobile data, but this app doesn't recognice traffic
although my browser is loading web-sites, whatsapp is loading messages, email is downloading messages and so on - in former roms this app was able to show this traffic).
can you bring back those little arrows at "signal-strength" in notification bar?

AFAIK, CM 10.2 is a new source code branch based on Google AOSP Android 4.3, not based on CM 10.1.x.
If any feature is available on CM 10.1.x but unavailable on CM 10.2, it should mean that it's a CM feature and please wait for the CM team to add it into CM 10.2.
If any app doesn't work on CM 10.2 (Android 4.3), you may need to ask the app developer to update their app to support Android 4.3.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby twoxx » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:04 pm

tytung wrote:AFAIK, CM 10.2 is a new source code branch based on Google AOSP Android 4.3, not based on CM 10.1.x.
If any feature is available on CM 10.1.x but unavailable on CM 10.2, it should mean that it's a CM feature and please wait for the CM team to add it into CM 10.2.
If any app doesn't work on CM 10.2 (Android 4.3), you may need to ask the app developer to update their app to support Android 4.3.


Hi Tytung,

OK. And what about the low speed of mobile data? Is CM Team responsible for this too?

Can you tell them to speed it up ?
Last edited by twoxx on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twoxx
Junior Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm
Country: Germany (de)
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: AW: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby soren » Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:03 pm

tytung wrote:
It is not important who provides the first 4.3 ROM which can boot on HD2.
It's more important that my NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 is more feature-completed and I care about all users.
All NAND, DataOnEXT, and NativeSD users can install my ROM and enjoy it. ;)

I totally agree with this. There is no point to release an unstable/buggy ROM just to be the first. Anybody can do that and nobody is going to use it daily.
soren
Senior Member
 
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 86 times

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby tytung » Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:58 pm

twoxx wrote:
Hi Tytung,

OK. And what about the low speed of mobile data? Is CM Team responsible for this too?

Did you do any speed test or benchmark? Or just your feeling?
No offense. Just want to make things clear.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby wan5xp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:55 pm

bluetooth tethering not working. i can get it paired and connected but no internet access. nativeSD install. no nativesd boot app. hope that you include that for next version. gps i will try tomorrow. camera n focal a little buggy. but everything is smoother compared to your 4.2.2 roms
wan5xp
Newly Registered Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:15 pm
Country: Malaysia (my)
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby tytung » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:47 am

wan5xp wrote:bluetooth tethering not working. i can get it paired and connected but no internet access. nativeSD install. no nativesd boot app. hope that you include that for next version. gps i will try tomorrow. camera n focal a little buggy. but everything is smoother compared to your 4.2.2 roms


Thanks for the feedback.

I will check Bluetooth Tethering.

If you need to switch to different NativeSD ROMs, you can mount the SD card (e.g. F:\ on Windows ) and copy two files (initrd.gz and zImage) from folder F:\NativeSD\NexusHD2-JellyBean\ to F:\NativeSD\ to replace the original initrd.gz and zImage, and then reboot.
You can also do it via CM File Manager.

GPS and aGPS works fine, but you can confirm it.

Well, I think it's hard to fix camera and focal to be compatible with our legacy GPU.
The easier solution is to include CM10.0's LegacyCamera which I created and included in CM10.0 (my v1.5 ROM) and CM10.1.2 (my v2.6 ROM).
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
Image
User avatar
tytung
Site Admin
 
Posts: 588
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:12 pm
Country: Taiwan (tw)
Has thanked: 204 times
Been thanked: 1349 times

Re: [Aug. 24, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.0 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Nabil2000 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:39 am

Thanks very much for your effort and your creation,
If i want keep both versions v2.6 & v3.0 on NativeSD so please tell me How can i do this? by changing the Rom name and path or what ?? and how i can change it. :idea:
Nabil2000
Junior Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:44 am
Country: Kuwait (kw)
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron