[Oct. 20, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 V2.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Aug. 18, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.2 V2.6 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby benlm72 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 am

shlomgad wrote:I have found that using the native stock browser, if you put the video in full screen mode, it will then load and play (worked with YouTube on the web), If you try to play it in regular mode, it wont. Strange.

Great ! It works too with Dolphin : putting video in full screen mode enables to play it ! So it will enable me to uninstall Opera, I prefer Dolphin !
benlm72

Advertisement

Re: [Aug. 18, 2013][ROM][JB][4.2.2][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.2 V2.6 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Odysseus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:43 am

achensherd wrote:
I get that, but I'm talking about it becoming a "hot potato"/scorching kind of hot and the battery going from 94% down to 71% in about ten minutes/<5 miles, which just doesn't seem right, and that's ignoring the graphical and responsiveness issues. With 6.14.4, for instance, it behaves normally like you said, with the phone getting somewhat hotter and the battery draining somewhat quicker.

If that's happening there's an issue. I usually use maps while plugged-in and my car's a/c blasting away. I'll turn it on when I go on my morning bike ride and see if I can replicate.
Current device: HTC Amaze 4G
Bootloader: HTC - Dev unlocked, S-on
Recovery: 4ext - smart flash enabled
ROM: CM-10 - Compiled and customized by me - thanks spostsstar89 - CM - Team Nightmare
Xposed framework - rovo89
GravityBox - C3C076

Previous device: HTC HD2 (TMOUS - LEO1024)
Final ROM: NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 v2.7 - Tytung
Had more lives than a cat, best handset I ever owned
Lesson: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RIP
Odysseus
Recognized Contributor

Postby chaudhary9 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:19 pm

there is a bug in this rom

it was working perfectly fine
but today i pressed hard keys to unlock,keys light turned on but screen didnt,had to pull out battery
booted fine
but it happened again,again pulled out battery but this time it got reset,i had to set all setting like language wifi etc
so i connected wifi to re download all apps which were gone n it said not enough space then i checked storage which showed 0mb n it isnt showing sd card
rebooted again
pulled out sd card n inserted but nothing
it booted up same thing
so i pulled out sd card again but still it says mount sd card,please help me?
do i have to flash it again?
chaudhary9

Postby paulryan37 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:00 pm

chaudhary9 wrote:there is a bug in this rom

it was working perfectly fine
but today i pressed hard keys to unlock,keys light turned on but screen didnt,had to pull out battery
booted fine
but it happened again,again pulled out battery but this time it got reset,i had to set all setting like language wifi etc
so i connected wifi to re download all apps which were gone n it said not enough space then i checked storage which showed 0mb n it isnt showing sd card
rebooted again
pulled out sd card n inserted but nothing
it booted up same thing
so i pulled out sd card again but still it says mount sd card,please help me?
do i have to flash it again?

Don't assume it is the rom why suddenly a bug when it has been running OK for ages could be a problem with your phone?
paulryan37

Postby chaudhary9 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:13 pm

EDIT

apparently card isnt working in other cell either,it isnt being showed,strange,what could be the issue n how to resolve it?
it isnt even being shown otherwise could have tried formatted :(

there was another card which wasnt being shown,formatted using sd formatter n that works but this isnt working in any cell :(
chaudhary9

Postby andropest » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:33 pm

chaudhary9 wrote:EDIT

apparently card isnt working in other cell either,it isnt being showed,strange,what could be the issue n how to resolve it?

there was another card which wasnt being shown,formatted using sd formatter n that works but this isnt working in any cell :(

It seems that the card is broken.
Last edited by andropest on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andropest

Postby NYLimited » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:50 pm

If SD Format did not help it chances are the card is finished...

Cheers!

MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired

NYLimited
Forum Moderator

Postby Odysseus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:26 pm

SD-cards wear out. The card reader in a typical PC is more powerful and versatile than what's in our aging phones. The fact that it can be read, but not in either phone, only strengthens the hypothesis that the card is failing or has failed.

Try a NAND install or install with a known working card to test and observe if issues persist. If symptoms subside you know for sure it's the SD-card.
ROM: CM-10 - Compiled and customized by me - thanks spostsstar89 - CM - Team Nightmare
GravityBox - C3C076

RIP
Odysseus
Recognized Contributor

Postby Odysseus » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:33 pm

achensherd wrote:
I get that, but I'm talking about it becoming a "hot potato"/scorching kind of hot and the battery going from 94% down to 71% in about ten minutes/<5 miles, which just doesn't seem right, and that's ignoring the graphical and responsiveness issues. With 6.14.4, for instance, it behaves normally like you said, with the phone getting somewhat hotter and the battery draining somewhat quicker.

Well I tried replicating on my phone today. I turned on GPS (normally when on battery I keep turned off) and Google maps, then went bike riding and drove in my car with it not plugged in and giving me directions. The phone got hotter, but not exceptionally so, but the battery did drain considerably faster. I monitored CPU usage for the time it was on and it was nearly always pegged to maximum, which explains extra heat and battery usage.

It just may be that some of these more recently released Google apps are targeted towards newer more powerful devices and our poor old HD2s struggle running them. :( :(
GravityBox - C3C076

RIP
Odysseus
Recognized Contributor

Postby ghost_ » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 am

Guys I have an annoying problem with the volume rockers ...

When im talking with someone, when i want to turn the volume down i have to push several times the vol up rocker then vol down ...

And its annoying that the phone doesnt remember the volume state and i have to turn it down every time ;/
ghost_

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development