[Sep. 7, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.4][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.7 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: [Jan. 1, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.2][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.2 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby dimanpt » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:25 pm

Radeon wrote:DataOnExt and class 4 SD card. Do you have an ability to record how does this rom works for you? For example sliding between homescreens, statusbar, drawer.

I made a quick view of the previous version 4.1 with class 4 as u want with data on Ext 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rsOS5rj ... 1724363669
dimanpt

Advertisement

Re: [Jan. 1, 2014][ROM][KK][4.4.2][720p] NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.2 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby Radeon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:11 pm

dimanpt wrote:
I made a quick view of the previous version 4.1 with class 4 as u want with data on Ext 4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rsOS5rj ... 1724363669

Yours is faster than my. Maybe I should get a better sd card.
Sorry for any english mistakes I did. I'm from Lithuania.
Radeon

Postby tytung » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:00 pm

aazzam16661 wrote:
Tytung, how did you fix Camcorder?

Also ION Rom working Now (Like About A Month Ago :) )

I have no plan to share my camcorder source code so far. Just use my libs.
If you have a working ION ROM, please consider sharing it to us to verify its performance. Thanks.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
tytung
Site Admin

Postby Odysseus » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:02 pm

soren wrote:This is suspicious. Do you know why it does that? I can't think of how turning on WiFi/GPS has anything to do with power saving.

According to the writeup at the store and on the Xiam website the app uses WiFi and GPS for different reasons that seam to make sense. As mentioned, it learns your usage patterns and tries to connect with WiFi whenever possible because that uses much less juice than 2g or 3g. The algorithm it uses is set to always prefer that signal and to turn off data whenever possible. In order to have a smooth transition from data to WiFi the app turns turns it on whenever you're in the vicinity of a known access point. Then as you leave and the signal weakens it instantly turns data back on, so there is no interruption. It only turns on GPS briefly to get an exact fix.

The only reason these are annoyances for me is that most of my WiFi access points are at public establishments like Starbucks, the library, and MacDonalds. All of them require some form of manually accepting their terms on a landing page, so my handset can't connect automatically like it can when I'm in someone's home.

The problem is the app isn't smart enough to know this. So if I go to a buddy's house and the WiFi turns on and data cuts off it's no big deal, I can seamlessly stream or surf without missing a beat. But if I'm listening to Pandora while I walk towards my Starbucks, I've got to keep the WiFi turned off until I'm fully in range so it won't cut off the data before I've had a chance to log in. As a corollary, if I'm connected to WiFi my phone is setup to use internet calling with T-Mobile, but if there are too many other patrons there sharing the bandwidth, the calls get choppy and unlistenable.

So there are times when it's crowded that I have to stay on data or maybe miss an important call. The app doesn't know this is the case. It just knows I'm in range of an access point and tries to connect to save battery. It will keep trying as long as I'm in range every half hour or so. These are the times it gets annoying

It's a minor inconvenience, however. It's been a month since I installed it and my battery life keeps getting better. Prior to installing the longest I went without needing a charge was 10 hours of very light use, 4 of moderate use, and 2 of heavy use. Yesterday I got 14 hours. Thats a 40% improvement!

Like I said these are only minor annoyances I'll gladly accept for the increase in uptime.
Current device: HTC Amaze 4G
Bootloader: HTC - Dev unlocked, S-on
Recovery: 4ext - smart flash enabled
ROM: CM-10 - Compiled and customized by me - thanks spostsstar89 - CM - Team Nightmare
Xposed framework - rovo89
GravityBox - C3C076

Previous device: HTC HD2 (TMOUS - LEO1024)
Final ROM: NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.1.3 v2.7 - Tytung
Had more lives than a cat, best handset I ever owned
Lesson: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
RIP
Odysseus
Recognized Contributor

Postby aazzam16661 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:29 am

tytung wrote:I have no plan to share my camcorder source code so far. Just use my libs.
If you have a working ION ROM, please consider sharing it to us to verify its performance. Thanks.

That thing lag like shit, Cuz of Kernel Problem or Because I'm using old qualcomm Drivers.
At least it booted with No graphics glitches

What is the libs for the camera?
aazzam16661

Postby Snitch » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:56 am

Hello, I have one problem. I installed ROM v 4.2. Doing everything as I did with previous ROM, but after installation, a black screen with the words HTC. Already tried everything. ROM v4.1 and older installed without problems, but I want v 4.2. Please help with my problem. Sorry for my English :roll:
Snitch
Newly Registered Member

Postby tytung » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:59 am

aazzam16661 wrote:
That thing lag like shit, Cuz of Kernel Problem or Because I'm using old qualcomm Drivers.
At least it booted with No graphics glitches

What is the libs for the camera?

If you use kernel 3.0, it should be the kernel problem.

Please check the HW video decoding and encoding libs from my downloads and get the corresponding libs from my NexusHD2-KitKat ROM.
If you include my 720p and camcorder libs in your source-compiled ROM and want to distribute it, you should credit me and add a link to this NexusHD2-KitKat topic.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

tytung
Site Admin

SOD

Postby bogia » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:07 am

Hi Tytung.
I'm using NativeSD ver., and recently I've got 2 times of SOD. The screen never wakes up after long sleep.
Attached files are logcat, dmesg, last_kgms files for 2 times.
Please check them and help me fix the problems.
I really love your fast and smooth rom.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
SOD.zip
(118.45 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Device: HTC HD2 LEO512
Recovery on SD: EXTENDED TWRP V2.6.3.4
MicroSD: Class 6 16G with 3.5G ext4
Rom on NAND: WP7
Rom on SD: NexusHD2-KitKat-CM11.0 V4.3

bogia

Postby aazzam16661 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:34 pm

tytung wrote:
If you use kernel 3.0, it should be the kernel problem.

Please check the HW video decoding and encoding libs from my downloads and get the corresponding libs from my NexusHD2-KitKat ROM.
If you include my 720p and camcorder libs in your source-compiled ROM and want to distribute it, you should credit me and add a link to this NexusHD2-KitKat topic.

I think so, Walter's 3.0 Rom without ION have the same errors but No Lag

What do you think?
aazzam16661

Re: SOD

Postby tytung » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:23 pm

bogia wrote:Hi Tytung.
I'm using NativeSD ver., and recently I've got 2 times of SOD. The screen never wakes up after long sleep.
Attached files are logcat, dmesg, last_kgms files for 2 times.
Please check them and help me fix the problems.
I really love your fast and smooth rom.
Thanks in advance.

What is the speed and brand of your SD card? E.g., class 6 Sandisk
Please provide the detailed info first. E.g., clean install or anything you changed.

Edit:
OK. I saw that you switch to ART.
But I think the problem might be your SD card.

To all:
I have told about logcat several times in my forum.
For convenience, please paste your logcat or any log files to http://logcat.miui.us/ or http://pastebin.com/ and link them in your post next time if you need help.
I will skip reading a log file in zip format from now on.

tytung
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Development