Q&A and Troubleshooting for "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2"

For general discussion and questions specific to Android development for HTC HD2/Leo
Moderator: Forum Moderator

Re: Viber

Postby gasanpride » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:52 am

benlm72 wrote:Hi,
I've tried the last Viber version from the store. Even if Viber is running in background, I've no problem with cellular calls. And I manage to have one call with Viber, after what cellular calls don't work anymore and I have to reboot my phone.
Does anyone else have made a test with the new Viber version and can confirm that behaviour ?

Here is what I noticed using the viber version 4.0.0 with Tytung's CM10.2 v3.3. Partially working but I found a workaround.
Working:
1. When you place an outgoing call with viber, the other party can hear you and you can hear the other party. This is fine.
or
2. When you received an incoming call with viber, the other party can hear you and you can hear the other party as well. This is also fine.

Issue:
After completing the viber calls for either 1 or 2 above, you will hear a buzzing sound the next time you answered a cellular call. You need to reboot your phone to get it back working.

Workaround.
After completing the viber calls for either 1 or 2 above, you need to place a cellular call right away, either calling your voice mail or any other cell calls. Once you completed your cell call, your HD2 is back to normal without rebooting.

This behavior I think has nothing to do with Tytung's ROM - this could be a Viber compatibility issue with our beloved HD2. I don't think Viber developers will fix this behaviour.
gasanpride

Advertisement

unabe to download "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2" Android 4.3

Postby bruce wayne » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:43 am

Hello tytung i m from india and i m unable to download your latest rom nexushd2 3.3 or and 4.3
bruce wayne
Newly Registered Member

Re: unabe to download "NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2" Android 4.3

Postby tytung » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:48 pm

bruce wayne wrote:Hello tytung i m from india and i m unable to download your latest rom nexushd2 3.3 or and 4.3

Can't you download any Android 4.3 ROM from all my four mirror sites?
I saw other Indian users can access the links of my ROMs without any issue.
Which link are you unable to access?
Please describe your issue more clearly.

Edit:
Okay. SrkRahil has replied to your question.
@bruce: Don't post the duplicated posts in two topics next time. I have deleted one of them. And don't PM me for asking questions. Thanks.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
tytung
Site Admin

Re: [Nov. 10, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3.0][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby bernida » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:55 pm

why is everyone believing that the incoming-call-buzzing-issue is related to viber?

i didnt even know what viber was until the past few days (by this thread), however I had this issue with various ROMs and two physically different HD2s in the past 1.5 years

its just randomly happening from my perspective, at least I haven't seen a pattern

the problem must be somewhere else
bernida

Re: [Nov. 10, 2013][ROM][JB][4.3.0][720p] NexusHD2-JellyBean-CM10.2 V3.3 [Kernel: tytung_jellybean_r2]

Postby soren » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:20 am

bernida wrote:why is everyone believing that the incoming-call-buzzing-issue is related to viber?

Read the post 2 posts above yours. Somebody has proved it. If you think Viber doesn't cause this issue, prove it.
soren

Postby NYLimited » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:12 am

soren wrote:Read the post 2 posts above yours. Somebody has proved it. If you think Viber doesn't cause this issue, prove it.

bernida wrote:i didnt even know what viber was until the past few days (by this thread), however I had this issue with various ROMs and two physically different HD2s in the past 1.5 years

its just randomly happening from my perspective, at least I haven't seen a pattern

Perhaps there are multiple reasons for it?

Although one person seems to pin it successfully to Viber if another has experienced the problem without Viber even bring installed there might be more to it than initially thought. :(

---
Any clod can have the facts, but having an opinion is an art.

Cheers!

MY DEVICES: show
  • LG-H901 (V10) - Stock, rooted, TWRP
  • Google Nexus 4 - Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • Google Nexus 7 - 2012 3G model, Stock 5.1.1, Franco kernel, TWRP - Retired
  • HTC HD2 - Retired
  • HTC P4350 (TMO Wing) - Retired

NYLimited
Forum Moderator

Postby bernida » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:46 am

exactly

as I said, I have encountered this issue a lot of times without ever having viber installed, and it is definetely not a viber(-only) issue.

proof? well I could record me and my phone for 24/7 and eventually I would capture it, but that would be a bit inconvenient for me^^
its rarely happening

I believe viber triggers an event which causes the phone to freeze and buzz when receiving the next incoming call. I think we all agree on that.
however this event can and will be triggered independently from viber by some other factor/source.

I failed to reproduce it so far, its very random. But maybe we can find the problem via viber, because it seems that viber is a reliable trigger for this bug.

kind regards
bernida

Postby tytung » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:29 am

bernida wrote:exactly

as I said, I have encountered this issue a lot of times without ever having viber installed, and it is definetely not a viber(-only) issue.

proof? well I could record me and my phone for 24/7 and eventually I would capture it, but that would be a bit inconvenient for me^^
its rarely happening

I believe viber triggers an event which causes the phone to freeze and buzz when receiving the next incoming call. I think we all agree on that.
however this event can and will be triggered independently from viber by some other factor/source.

I failed to reproduce it so far, its very random. But maybe we can find the problem via viber, because it seems that viber is a reliable trigger for this bug.

kind regards

Most users don't have this incoming call freeze issue.
Maybe the users who have this issue ever installed another app or do something else to "help" trigger this issue.
If every user who encountered this issue can share their experience and device configurations (radio, bootloader, ROM version, install method (NAND, DataOnEXT, NativeSD), SD card brand and class, extra installed apps related to the phone feature, etc.), we might be able to find out the common factor.

Anyway, other VoIP apps (e.g., Skype, Line) work well on HD2, so it's Viber's own problem which is not compatible with the legacy devices.
Paste your logcat to GitHub Gist or any similar websites, and link it in your post if you need any help. (Don't forget to tell us your HD2 setup/configuration.)

Device: HTC HD2 (LEO512)
HSPL: 2.08.HSPL
Radio: Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14
Bootloader: MAGLDR v1.13
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6

My work for Android on HD2:
tytung
Site Admin

Postby Dwarph » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:18 pm

Hello from Greece, I have been an avid user of numerous nexushd2 roms for the HD2 and I would like to thank and congratulate Tytung
for the succesful effort. I am posting here to clarify some minor issues that I have spotted within NexusHD2 ROMs, that continue to
exist. I am not a developper, I am posting my experiences from a user point of view, using a NativeSD installation, and the solutions
I have found to aid each situation. Most problems might have been reported and solved here or in other forums, but I wanted to
try to sum things up a bit.

1) Buzzing phone (Android phone process stops)
I have experienced the buzzing phone issue (with the android phone process not working message) during incoming calls,
and as I see there is a buzz (pun intended :-) ) in the net from numerous users not knowing what this is. I have identified
that this problem is caused when the Viber process is started. Having Viber installed without having it activated does not
cause any problem. The problem appears when you activate your Viber the first time and does not go away if you uninstall
the application. This has been a problem in latest releases and continues to appear still.
SOLUTION
The only solution I have found is a clean install (not an upgrade or re-installation) and never using Viber again... at least until
the problem is reported as solved.

2) Storage partition corruption under NativeSD
Using the USB connection to transfer files under a NativeSD partitioned SD card can cause partition corruption.
I have experienced this issue twice, even by following the instructions for safely removing (unmounting) the SD card
under Windows 7 AND subsequently de-activating the USB transfer process BEFORE disconnecting the device. The problem
appears randomly and it is my guess that it has to do with only part of the SD being recognized by the PC as a storage place,
while the ext4 part continues to run the Android ROM. The storage partition afterwards becomes invalid and files can
only be recovered as FILE***.CHK files by the Windows CHKDISK utility.
SOLUTION
If you are using NativeSD installation, I would suggest moving files either through the Windows 6.5 connection tool, or
alternatively removing the card and using it with a card reader.

3) Data connection not appearing
The data connection problem appears as soon as the ROM is installed. If you notice that after the first boot, your Android ROM
does not use the data connection, it is highly probable that the process will never run.
SOLUTION
I have experienced this issue on this ROM and older ROMs, I would suggest a re-installation (with Dalvik cache wipe enabled) with
the same protocol or the other (either RMNET, which is slow but stable, or PPP which connects to 3G more often but can disconnect
from time to time, your choice here). If you noticed the problem after setting up all your applications and updates, a clean installation
(meaning ext4 format and installation from zero) might be preferable.

Salutations!
Dwarph
Newly Registered Member

Postby soren » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:20 pm

NYLimited wrote:Perhaps there are multiple reasons for it?

Although one person seems to pin it successfully to Viber if another has experienced the problem without Viber even bring installed there might be more to it than initially thought. :(

There could be. If Viber can cause this issue, any app can cause it too. It's unlikely that Viber is the only app in the world that can cause it.

bernida wrote:as I said, I have encountered this issue a lot of times without ever having viber installed, and it is definetely not a viber(-only) issue.

Nobody said that it was a Viber-only issue. But somebody has already proved that Viber causes it. Other apps can cause this issue as well if they do the same thing as Viber does. It is incorrect to say that this issue isn't related to Viber.
soren

PreviousNext

Return to HD2 Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting and General